Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 436253 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #1700 on: 13 January, 2020, 04:36:10 pm »
When faffing with Stuffs in that region of the Great Hall, ensure that you put everything back the way it was before, i.e. with the Blu-ray player on top of the stack.  That way the PVR will not be resting on the buttons which the derps at Panasonic saw fit to put on the top instead of on the front panel where they belong.  Wrestle cables (and win), put Blu-ray box on top of PVR, all well.  Hurrah!

See Grumble Thread for symptoms of divvery.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

« Reply #1701 on: 14 January, 2020, 11:18:51 am »
Pls be remembering to get your flu shot next year, ian.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1702 on: 14 January, 2020, 03:40:24 pm »
Pls be remembering to get your flu shot next year, ian.

Pls to be remembering your 'flu shot this year ian (next season, granted).
Suggest you put in a diary reminder for mid/end September now...

ian

« Reply #1703 on: 14 January, 2020, 04:04:56 pm »
Have we moved already?

Actually, I've been dodging them on purpose, because I had one several years back and immediately came down with serious flu and the kind of temperature that rapidly escalates you through the ranks of A&E medics. While the little scientist in me says that was just happenstance and bad luck, the scaredy homunculus of doubt on the other hand whispers are you sure?

But it was pretty horrible this time too, just not that horrible, but horrible enough that I don't want to do it again. I think I'll chance the jab this year, I'd had before without incident.

« Reply #1704 on: 17 January, 2020, 05:34:18 pm »
I was supposed to be going to see the RLPO doing "Eroica" and some other stuff tonight, so started to get ready.  Put ticket in wallet.... that's for _last_ night  :facepalm:

Oh well,  I won't annoy people by coughing I suppose.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1705 on: 18 January, 2020, 06:52:16 pm »
I was reading a book this morning. Some of you may remember them, made from dead trees. I needed to know the time so glanced up to the top left corner of the page. Was very confused when it wasn’t there!

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1706 on: 19 January, 2020, 10:44:39 am »
I was reading a book this morning. Some of you may remember them, made from dead trees. I needed to know the time so glanced up to the top left corner of the page. Was very confused when it wasn’t there!
I’ve rather to often tried to zoom in on magazine and newspaper photos with a two finger gesture, so I feel your confusion.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1707 on: 19 January, 2020, 01:11:26 pm »
I tried to scroll the map on my office wall the other day.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

ian

« Reply #1708 on: 19 January, 2020, 05:56:00 pm »
I get the end of the page and then reflexively press the right side.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #1709 on: 21 January, 2020, 07:47:13 pm »
using the espresso machine yesterday, I only made one mistake. No cup  :facepalm:
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1710 on: 27 January, 2020, 05:03:41 pm »
Looks like I've managed to ruin another pair of spiky winter tyres. Can't quite work out if it's cos I've absent mindedly pumped them up top high or run too soft.
Fucksticks
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1711 on: 27 January, 2020, 09:16:31 pm »
Actually maybe not such a div after all. Seems like I bought Marathon Winters in 2010 and 'Winter Spike' (20 quid vs 35) in 2017. I could have sworn I had to buy a new pair last year but no email is in evidence.
Time to go back to the Marathon Winters, clearly.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1712 on: 31 January, 2020, 04:58:20 pm »
Started grinding down a strip of metal on the curved end of the bench sander, then thought it would do better if I braced it against the fence across the flat bit of the belt.  To do this I had to change my grip, so of course I got hold of the end I had just been grinding for 30 seconds...

« Reply #1713 on: 31 January, 2020, 07:31:20 pm »
Ow.
Rust never sleeps

ian

« Reply #1714 on: 31 January, 2020, 08:06:47 pm »
The other week I put a baking tray on top of the oven, right next to the hob with the big pan sizzling away, the gas hob on full. It sat there for some time.

Then I picked it up. I think someone has rerouted the nerves from my hand to my brain via the moon. Or the ouch stopped off to get a burger and fries.

This me is just the sum of my scars. Cursed chickdiggery. My most impressive one of late is a pizza-burn, I reached into the over to retrieve my pizza and caught the 250-degree shelf above on the back of my hand. That's a keeper. To be honest, it's a bit late to worry, I have actual grooves in my skull that you could fly a little x-wing fighter down. But best they don't, I don't want my head to blow up like a Deathstar (they were crap weren't they?)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1715 on: 31 January, 2020, 08:12:18 pm »
My most impressive one of late is a pizza-burn, I reached into the over to retrieve my pizza and caught the 250-degree shelf above on the back of my hand.

This injury seems to be sufficiently common that you can get silicone wossnames to attach to the front edge of the shelf to prevent it.  I invested in a set a few years ago (while buying another to pass on to a dyspraxic friend) and have been grateful for them on several occasions.

« Reply #1716 on: 31 January, 2020, 09:00:36 pm »
I've managed to avoid getting burned by the oven shelves, but there was that time I forgot that I had just taken the frying pan with the aluminium handle out of the oven...
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #1717 on: 31 January, 2020, 09:19:47 pm »
Seared a steak in the fancy Le Creuset* pan, popped the pan with steak on it into the oven.  Forgot to turn the hob all the way off & put a plate down on it.  5 minutes later picked up the plate....   I'm equally amazed that I didn't drop it & didn't have a handful of blisters. 

*Excellent for weight training..
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #1718 on: 01 February, 2020, 07:57:41 am »
I've managed to avoid getting burned by the oven shelves, but there was that time I forgot that I had just taken the frying pan with the aluminium handle out of the oven...

Not me, Mrs ED, toad in the hole made in a stainless steel pan, in the oven, pulled it out using an oven glove, put it down on the hob. A short while later picked it up to serve, not using the oven glove, very ouch
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #1719 on: 29 February, 2020, 12:04:43 pm »
Today I got a refund of overpaid corporation tax - I'd managed to pay it twice.  Payable to my company of course.  Last week I closed my business banking account as I'm currently staff  ::-)
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1720 on: 29 February, 2020, 01:23:24 pm »
I discovered that before putting a scoop of coffee beans in the grinder it's best to remove the lid.  Only a small scoop, fortunately.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1721 on: 29 February, 2020, 05:06:04 pm »
Me standing in front of telly getting increasingly frustrated as I failed to find the England Wales rugby.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1722 on: 02 March, 2020, 09:26:11 pm »
I just hit myself in the nose with the laundry basket, with a bit of help from a door.

It's a special dizzy kind of painful.

Fucksake.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1723 on: 02 March, 2020, 09:53:36 pm »
Oops. Reminds me of the time I misjudged the weight of a saucepan and smacked myself in the lip with it.

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #1724 on: 02 March, 2020, 09:57:25 pm »
I just hit myself in the nose with the laundry basket, with a bit of help from a door.

It's a special dizzy kind of painful.

Fucksake.
Sorry, but  ;D
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?