Author Topic: Selling a domain - how?!  (Read 849 times)

Selling a domain - how?!
« on: 30 March, 2020, 11:24:11 pm »
I'm winding down my business and have several domains I no longer need and which I'd like to sell. I've had a look round how to do this but I'm not really any the wiser. I did manage to get a .com one up on Sedo.com but then I tried a .net one which seemingly was a different and baffling process (and I'm reasonably tech savvy). Ideally I'd like a UK based seller with a dead easy process! Any suggestions please?

Re: Selling a domain - how?!
« Reply #1 on: 30 March, 2020, 11:40:38 pm »
If anyone wants your domain they just have to wait until the registration lapses and then they can take it.

« Reply #2 on: 30 March, 2020, 11:45:49 pm »
Thanks, I realise that and I'm not about to let that happen, especially as the host bombards me with reminders!

« Reply #3 on: 31 March, 2020, 11:20:00 am »
I'm winding down my business and have several domains I no longer need and which I'd like to sell. I've had a look round how to do this but I'm not really any the wiser. I did manage to get a .com one up on Sedo.com but then I tried a .net one which seemingly was a different and baffling process (and I'm reasonably tech savvy). Ideally I'd like a UK based seller with a dead easy process! Any suggestions please?

Hi Horizon. I suppose to a large extent it would depend upon the specific Domain Name,what it offers and like any other business what the business produces in revenue after expenses and general overheads.

I had a regular business title ( Sole Trader) from back in the beginning of 1980 until late 2007 when I retired because of a medical related issue,also there was a Personalised Registration mark (still current) that perfectly legally incorporated my initials and the first three letters of my trading name which was relevant to the area that I lived and had created my trading name from.
Anyone could start a business using my old trading name simply by using their name  :-- i.e Fred Smith Trading as T*** *a** *******r* (2020) and that would then leave only my Personalise Registration Mark if I decided to relinquish/sell it on.

In a nutshell - unless it is something that is very very unique it is pretty-well of little value.
Your ears are your rear-end defenders,keep them free of clutter and possibly live longer.