Author Topic: Dmarc  (Read 832 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Dmarc
« on: 19 November, 2020, 04:36:39 pm »
Anyone know much about dmarc records?
DMARC record lookup and validation for: x" DMARC Quarantine/Reject policy not enabled "[/size]Dmarc stops others spoofing our url for emails right? So should quarantine be enabled?

[/color][/size][/font]
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Afasoas

Re: Dmarc
« Reply #1 on: 19 November, 2020, 05:30:21 pm »
the DMARC record has policy defined by p, and/or subdomain policy defined by sp.

values are:
  • none
  • quarantined
  • rejected

If the email you sent is passing SPF/DKIM you can probably safely set it to either quarantined or rejected.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #2 on: 19 November, 2020, 05:34:37 pm »
I haven't seen any errors so I'll set to quarantine. Cheers.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #3 on: 20 November, 2020, 09:15:38 pm »
It all works fine until Marketing decide to spam market to all your customers from a cool new cloud-based spam Marketing service and don't bother to inform* IT until after they get a 100% bounce rate.

*In the old days they'd ask permission, now they're too damn self-sufficient - like all teenagers.
Everyone's favourite windbreak

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #4 on: 21 November, 2020, 03:21:58 pm »
It all works fine until Marketing decide to spam market to all your customers from a cool new cloud-based spam Marketing service and don't bother to inform* IT until after they get a 100% bounce rate.

*In the old days they'd ask permission, now they're too damn self-sufficient - like all teenagers.

Hah yeah I saw that happen

Support Equilibrium