Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 869340 times)

fuzzy

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #2025 on: 20 March, 2012, 10:13:33 am »
Not purchased but, when I paid a visit to a patrol orientated cycle business whose owners are retiring this week, they refused to let me leave until a) I had drunk coffee and b) accepted a box containing new winter gloves, 2 short sleeve base layer tops, a pair of waterproof trousers, a pair of zip off cargo trousers, a visitation repair kit and two 26" schraeder tubes.

Brought tears to my eyes that they are closing down :'(

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2026 on: 20 March, 2012, 11:10:12 am »
A chain for the fixie, and a 1mm spacers for the 10 speed cassette to go on the 6700 wheels.  Although, to be truthful I didn't buy the second one, the LBS gave me it, gratis.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #2027 on: 20 March, 2012, 11:22:39 am »
A chain for the trike, which equals three chains.

A set of tyres for the trike, which equals 1.5 packs of two tyres (so was two packs of tyres - I will have four).

No change from £100 for that lot. It's in preparation for my Berlin to London cycle ride next month. I want to minimise the chance of something untoward (chain break, puncture) happening. Current chain has lasted 4,300 miles which is 1,000 more than on the old trike which had a rear derailleur rather than a hub gear so it's clearly having less wear with the hub gear (I still have a front derailleur).
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #2028 on: 20 March, 2012, 07:03:35 pm »
Not strictly "cycling stuff" per se, but train tickets ordered to t'Big City, Friday after next, to see what this Critical Mass lark's like.

Google-Street-View'd the route from Paddington to Waterloo Bridge yesterday evening and maaay have soiled myself at the sight of a couple of the junctions (Marble Arch and Hyde Park Corner in particular)  :'(

« Reply #2029 on: 20 March, 2012, 07:57:32 pm »
Got an extra front and rear light from the Planet X sale, and some rather tasteful splash bar tape (to be used on the butterfly bars on my hybrid. It should clash nicely with the honey Brooks).

Note to self: trying to compare the relative brightness of Smart 1/2W and 1W rear lights was probably not a great idea.  :facepalm:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2030 on: 20 March, 2012, 08:03:18 pm »
Note to self: trying to compare the relative brightness of Smart 1/2W and 1W rear lights was probably not a great idea.  :facepalm:

Trick is to point them at the wall, rather than your remaining eye.   :)

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #2031 on: 21 March, 2012, 01:08:43 pm »
A pair of Schwalbe Durano Plus tyres and tubes.

« Reply #2032 on: 21 March, 2012, 03:07:11 pm »
A Carradice SQR Tour. It's my first Carradice and it was made by Kelly.
I'm very happy 'cos it looks great on the bike.
Fitting wasn't too difficult and it looks like it will be the perfect size for weekends away.

I've also bought a spare SQR in the hope that it will fit on my other bike. I can't test it since that bike is in the LBS waiting for some new BB bits.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #2033 on: 22 March, 2012, 12:45:22 pm »
Bought a few weeks ago, but delivered yesterday, yet another cycling jersey from Milltag (linky for pics).  :D

According to the slip of paper included in the package, I have jersey #1!  (I haven't checked is the jersey, will do this evening.)

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #2034 on: 22 March, 2012, 01:44:50 pm »
Those milltag jerseys any good? £70 is a pretty hefty amount (could get assos for about that!) unless it's a top quality item.
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #2035 on: 22 March, 2012, 02:32:04 pm »
Those milltag jerseys any good? £70 is a pretty hefty amount (could get assos for about that!) unless it's a top quality item.

Yes, they're pricey, but they are (IMO) of high quality.  This is the second jersey I've purchased from them - I can just about justify buying one a year at those prices.

I've never owned assos so can't compare.

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #2036 on: 22 March, 2012, 02:35:39 pm »
Will check them out at Bespoked Bristol - they allegedly will have discounted items. (I'm after the Boikzmoind jersey).
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #2037 on: 22 March, 2012, 05:02:45 pm »
A new front mech. ::-)

Wonky

• Not exactly straight or narrow
Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #2038 on: 22 March, 2012, 06:30:43 pm »
For winter I cycled for Team Aldi.
Now for summer, I ride for Team Lidl.

Summer jerseys x 4
Summer shorts x 4
A Gilet, gloves, rain jacket, bike lift and a tool kit in a saddle pack.

All for about £110.

A fashion victim I am not. But equipped I am.

« Reply #2039 on: 22 March, 2012, 06:32:35 pm »

Yes, they're pricey, but they are (IMO) of high quality.  This is the second jersey I've purchased from them - I can just about justify buying one a year at those prices.

I've never owned assos so can't compare.

The pink one with black inner tubes all over it is awesome, sadly they only have a large mens in stock  >:(

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2040 on: 22 March, 2012, 06:59:46 pm »
do you not want a large man?

« Reply #2041 on: 22 March, 2012, 07:07:34 pm »

Well, one is enough I don't require another.

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #2042 on: 23 March, 2012, 06:39:19 am »
Bought a few weeks ago, but delivered yesterday, yet another cycling jersey from Milltag (linky for pics).  :D

According to the slip of paper included in the package, I have jersey #1!  (I haven't checked is the jersey, will do this evening.)

Confirmed, just as nice as the Bike Show jersey I bought last year.  Couldn't find a number anywhere on the jersey, so will be sure to keep my slip of paper stating it is 'jersey number 1' (just like all the other jersey's ;) ).  I hadn't noticed from the photos that the side panels are patterned with bikes.  Also found more text on the jersey - inside the central pocket it says "Happy just getting around and likes it that way." :)

groucho

• Humph!!
« Reply #2043 on: 23 March, 2012, 11:31:25 am »
Not cycling stuff really but 4 sessions of physio, that when complete, will enable me to ride one the stable again :'(
Faith, hope and gluttony.........

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #2044 on: 23 March, 2012, 12:43:44 pm »
Nice box from Wiggle arrived at the office today - two pairs of shorts, a summer jersey and some sunglasses.

« Reply #2045 on: 27 March, 2012, 04:28:03 pm »

Well, one is enough I don't require another.

As a cyclist you KNOW you should always carry a spare

« Reply #2046 on: 27 March, 2012, 06:57:33 pm »
Just ordered a Charge Pan saddle for the fixed gear. In brown. Can't wait, the standard Giant one has been getting more and more uncomfortable.

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #2047 on: 29 March, 2012, 08:23:14 pm »
Arrived today, fork leg lamp bracket from EBay and small saddlebag from Aidan OTP for m'project.

Ordered today from Ebay, 3/4'' X 5/16'' BSF crankbolts for weirdy BB on aforesaid project.

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #2048 on: 29 March, 2012, 08:27:30 pm »
Bid too much for a Brooks Swift on Ebay, but what the hell, it looks the biz!!    :thumbsup:
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #2049 on: 29 March, 2012, 08:30:48 pm »
I'm very glad to hear it's not just me that does that! Enjoy the Swift - they do look ace!