Author Topic: Selling a Circe Helios - anyone done the same?  (Read 4799 times)

Selling a Circe Helios - anyone done the same?
« on: 16 February, 2020, 10:43:34 am »
Sorrry if this comes accross as a "stealth" ad but I'm wanting to sell a Helios and not sure where best to post an advert or how much to ask, anyone done the same could advise?

Ta
Al

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Selling a Circe Helios - anyone done the same?
« Reply #1 on: 16 February, 2020, 12:12:58 pm »

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #2 on: 16 February, 2020, 12:18:26 pm »
I watched eBay for almost two years before jumping on one that came up cheap with a buy it now.  During that time, every auction that ran its course achieved a four figure sum regardless of spec (bar one in a far flung location).  I think to maximise exposure and price, eBay is by far the best option.

If you'd prefer not to pay the commission then gumtree is worth a shot if not in a hurry.  Since eBay bought it, you get ads showing up across platforms if relevant to a search so might get picked up by anyone searching eBay.

Finally, there's a uk family cycling Facebook group where you'll find an audience of people interested in niche,  child friendly bikes, including tandem and cargo bikes etc.

Finally, sell accessories separately, including child seats, non-circe specific racks etc will not as to the price but should get a little if sold separately. And sell in spring when everyone is planning for holidays and family bike rides

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #3 on: 16 February, 2020, 03:47:38 pm »
Thanks very much, very helpful  :thumbsup:

« Reply #4 on: 26 February, 2020, 08:44:30 pm »
Just seen this. The family cycling page on Facebook would be a good idea if you haven't sold it yet. There are lots of people on there who are looking out for one.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #5 on: 11 March, 2020, 05:32:57 pm »
Just seen this. The family cycling page on Facebook would be a good idea if you haven't sold it yet. There are lots of people on there who are looking out for one.

What page is that as a friend is selling one.

« Reply #6 on: 15 March, 2020, 09:13:41 pm »

What page is that as a friend is selling one.

Family Cycling UK

It's a very useful and informative page  :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.