Author Topic: Landis comes clean!  (Read 9135 times)

Re: Landis comes clean!
« Reply #75 on: 31 May, 2010, 09:26:44 pm »
Good article that.

I remember when you were Eurostar!

I particulary liked:

"The worst that could be factually said of Armstrong without leaving any real room for argument is that he was the greatest Tour de France racer in a time of great Tour de France doping. There were 14 other podium spots available during his seven-year streak and, in all, eight riders occupied them.

Five of those riders at some point admitted doping, were suspended for it, were convicted of it in court, or paid a fine to have charges settled: Ivan Basso, Raimondas Rumsas, Jan Ullrich, Alexander Vinokourov and Alex Zulle. Two others were linked to doping investigations then cleared or never charged: Joseba Beloki and Andreas Kloden. Just one, Fernando Escartin, had no direct association with doping allegations (though his Kelme team later would)."

And with Basso wining the Giro this year, it seems to me that nothing has changed.  

« Reply #76 on: 31 May, 2010, 09:34:08 pm »
I'm very interested in the stuff Landis has said about the relationship between Armstrong/Bruyneel and the UCI.  The tip-off of douping controls, and the fact that USPS/Discovery riders never got busted until they were no longer working for Bruyneel.  If it is true, there is no hope for corruption-free cycling unless the UCI is superseded by something else.

« Reply #77 on: 31 May, 2010, 09:57:57 pm »
I'm very interested in the stuff Landis has said about the relationship between Armstrong/Bruyneel and the UCI.  The tip-off of douping controls, and the fact that USPS/Discovery riders never got busted until they were no longer working for Bruyneel.  If it is true, there is no hope for corruption-free cycling unless the UCI is superseded by something else.

The Womens Institute. No bastard's hard enough to mess with them.
Working my way up to inferior.