Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Food & Drink / Re: Beer!
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 08:32:43 pm »
I discovered that there is a Cwm Gwaun brewery not far at all from where we are staying. Since it would have been rude not to pay a call, we did. I had a very pleasant pint and bought six bottles to take home. Jan and I had a good chat with the brewer and his only other customer, all of us English.
My take home pay as a newly qualified teacher in 1975 was just short of £130 a month.
There is a great deal of sunshine forecast for the Pembrokeshire coast for the next week. Sadly, we will be in England tomorrow and home on Sunday.
Caption It / Re: Caption it #2080
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 08:19:02 pm »
Hung like an Argos pencil.
The Pub / Re: what I have learned today.
« Last post by The Family Cyclist on Today at 08:18:13 pm »
And let soil.pipe smells into your bathroom

Nope, there's still some water just not as much so easier to apply cleaner
The Pub / Re: what I have learned today.
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 08:09:37 pm »
And let soil.pipe smells into your bathroom!

I've been learning to play the riff from Whole Lotta Rosie.  It's not a very difficult one.
I have read the thread and two things appear to be clear.

1. Flashing lights are picked up earlier.

2. They are harder to judge the distance of.

The real question does not appear to have been asked.

Does this matter in the real world? Does the earlier notice reduce collisions? Or does the flashing and confusion of senses cause more?

All I know is that I have felt my brain getting muddled when in groups with multiple flashing lights and on a few occasions I have had to stop, let the group go and continue alone.

As a car driver as well I do not think the flashing lights help cyclists. Two good rear lights on steady is good and front flashing lights tend to cause confusion.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by Peter on Today at 07:36:49 pm »
Also, what’s in the handbag that makes her so scared of it?  The OBR?  George Soros?  A camembert?

Lettuce.
;D

Surely an attended Prime Minister represents a terrorist threat?
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by fd3 on Today at 07:29:41 pm »
Yeah, posted on another thread about this.
Ase gravy of the highest order.
The Sporting Life / Re: County Cricket 2024
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 07:00:33 pm »
Khushi has bashed 53 off 31 deliveries and as I type he’s been caught at slip. Essex 62 for 1.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10