Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526289 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #2225 on: 10 March, 2017, 07:09:56 pm »
How about a Gavin and Stacey group Perm this summer?

Good idea! I thought I might schedule it for LEL training purposes...Early July might suit me, but I've a lot on!

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #2226 on: 10 March, 2017, 07:14:53 pm »
How about a Gavin and Stacey group Perm this summer?

Good idea! I thought I might schedule it for LEL training purposes...Early July might suit me, but I've a lot on!

Early June sounds good for me.

« Reply #2227 on: 10 March, 2017, 07:47:31 pm »
Interesting idea...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2228 on: 10 March, 2017, 08:54:02 pm »
Changing the subject to Holland. OD/Jibers and I are booked on the Fri 15th Sept ferry, and look likely to be joined by a certain tandem. Others welcome for a 200km ride in Holland.

OD/Jibers, we need to get a route agreed. I was thinking we should aim to do circa 75 - 80km straight off the ferry, then stop for some lunch. Another stop at circa 140-150km. Then have a nice meal arranged somewhere close to the ferry, at a distance just over 200km. We've got 14 hours between arriving and departing, but assuming 30 minutes to disembark and arriving 1 hour before departure, we'll have 12.5 hours to play with.

Does that fit in with your thoughts, and the previously thrown together route ideas?

05:00 wake up to bobby... stick some gear on and head straight down to breakfast, eat as much as you can (and smuggle some out) and then head back to cabin, ablutions and then queue to get back to the car deck to rescue bikes...

I think it took longer than 30 mins to get off last time, mostly as we had to maneuver around a load of cars /trucks and it depends on how many bikes are between you and getting to your bike. 

It has the chance to be quick but also the chance to have a strong headwind - that's a tight window if something goes wrong....

Nice coastal route to the North with lots of opportunities for food at the seaside after The Hage

Struggling to get a nice circular route - with the tight time it limits any option to ride out and train back - though if it is windy, we could have either a straight out with the wind or train out and ride back with the wind... as an option but both will have dead time whilst on the train.
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2229 on: 10 March, 2017, 10:23:06 pm »
I like the merino jersey idea and would buy one, thanks  :thumbsup:. ACME logo on its way to you, tippers...

By the way folks, my 'Gavin and Stacey' 400km one-way permanent [Billericay to Barry Island - can of course be reversed] has been given the all-clear: cards ordered and I'll get the route sheet and info onto AUKweb soon.
:thumbsup: for the Jersey

:thumbsup: for the Gavin and Stacey - If anyone is interested I will be doing the Gavin and Stacey - Stacey and Gavin with the current plan to start on the evening of the 17th April.

« Reply #2230 on: 10 March, 2017, 10:52:12 pm »
I like the Stacey Gavin idea

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

« Reply #2231 on: 11 March, 2017, 07:47:57 am »
Gavin & Stacey sounds interesting.

@Jibers, assuming a sedate 20kph riding average, that's 10 hours of riding, which should be achievable even with wind. So even with a worst case 1 hour getting off the boat, there would still be time for 2 hours worth of stop time. That increases to 3 hours if we average 22.5kph. So notionally a 45 minute lunch stop, 30 mins afternoon tea stop, which would leave between 45 minutes and 1.75 hours for the end of ride meal/refreshment. Extending further if we get off the boat quicker. I've only done the Newhaven Dieppe ferry, and there we were underway within 30 minutes as they let the bikes off first.

A circular or triangular route would lessen any wind issues, in terms of avoiding a 100km ride potentially directly into the wind. I'll take a look at your previously posted route suggestion next week, and see what our options might be.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2232 on: 11 March, 2017, 07:59:11 am »
Do we need a separate Dutch thread?  Might help attract other riders. What did you think of the circular route I roughly devised?

« Reply #2233 on: 11 March, 2017, 09:52:45 am »
Do we need a separate Dutch thread?  Might help attract other riders. What did you think of the circular route I roughly devised?

Good idea to start a separate thread. I'll collate the key details into a starter post to go at the top of the thread at the beginning of next week, and I'll take a look at your route too.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2234 on: 12 March, 2017, 01:16:23 pm »
Pork Pie next weekend!  :thumbsup:

Who's in for the 200 and who's doing the 100
Anyone mad enough to do the "extra slice" ?
Regards,

Joergen

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #2235 on: 12 March, 2017, 02:16:05 pm »
I hope to be there. No extra slice though.

« Reply #2236 on: 12 March, 2017, 05:29:41 pm »
I'm in for the 100k - going to camp in Cambridge and make a weekend of it

« Reply #2237 on: 13 March, 2017, 09:01:55 am »
Ok, updated version and I reckon it is pretty close to where I want it to be.

• The SR Badge or Seaxes would be embroidered in at extra cost. Looking at it and even if it was bigger I think it spoils the simplicity a bit so I am going with just the dynamite stick in the middle.
  • Soignuer said adding the website to the sleeves is possible but it would likely look cramped and spoil the more retro effect. I am happy to leave it off, the current jersey advertises the site quite well (there was not internet in the 60's anyway  ;D)
I think this one fits the retro less is more brief quite well but still gets across our 'brand' clearly.

If you would like a jersey can you please send a message via YACF with required size and quantity (if you need more than 1) and I will coordinate.

To clarify, these are Short Sleeve, 1/4 Zip, Merino Wool jerseys. Size Chart is available HERE

Price will be around the £100 - £105 mark (currently showing as £102 on the website). Will pay for them upfront and confirm the price once I get the jersey's. If it's over £105 I'll take that on the chin this time round.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2238 on: 13 March, 2017, 09:11:09 am »
Nice one tippers.  I'm heading away from home at the moment but when I get back (tomorrow) I will measure myself and send you a PM.

« Reply #2239 on: 13 March, 2017, 10:21:25 am »
Very impressive jersey design. I like the decisions made to end up with the very simple and classic style.

I'm always in a quandary for sizing. Most of my tops are L or XL, but with the current ACME jersey I went with M and it fits fine. So much variance between the different manufacturers. Any views on whether Soigneur (or NZ companies) would be accurate in their sizing? If they are likely to be accurate, I'll go with an M, but otherwise I'd play it safe and go with L.

« Reply #2240 on: 13 March, 2017, 11:43:29 am »
I'l ask the guy how the jerseys come up and let you know.

« Reply #2241 on: 13 March, 2017, 02:51:44 pm »
Hmmmm... Tempting.... Are we at any point going to get some long sleeved jerseys made? There are only about 3 days a year when it's warm enough for me to display the short sleeved version  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #2242 on: 13 March, 2017, 02:53:41 pm »
Just had a sighting of Jiberjaber in full summer plumage; shorts and the existing ACME jersey.

Probably just as well we are looking at expanding the ACME range, it will give Jiber the chance to wash his other jersey at last. 

« Reply #2243 on: 13 March, 2017, 03:14:30 pm »
Hmmmm... Tempting.... Are we at any point going to get some long sleeved jerseys made? There are only about 3 days a year when it's warm enough for me to display the short sleeved version  :P
Bob, if these are good, I would probably be tempted to look at a long sleeve version. Might need to save up for the summer to afford it though  :facepalm:

With the intent of this one being LEL in July/August I thought long sleeves might be pushing it.

« Reply #2244 on: 13 March, 2017, 03:21:42 pm »
With the intent of this one being LEL in July/August I thought long sleeves might be pushing it.

Your optimism is admirable. I fully expect it to be around 0 degrees during the night sections - especially in t'north!  :P

« Reply #2245 on: 13 March, 2017, 03:22:32 pm »
Bear in mind that Bobb wears long sleeves and a jacket in anything below 25 degrees centigrade.

« Reply #2246 on: 13 March, 2017, 03:23:34 pm »
shhh! I thought Scotland had 24hr sunshine in Summer!

« Reply #2247 on: 13 March, 2017, 03:25:26 pm »
shhh! I thought Scotland had 24hr sunshine in Summer!

Oh, it has.  It's still freezing though.

« Reply #2248 on: 13 March, 2017, 03:25:59 pm »
Bob, I will ask the bloke if we can mix up Long and Short sleeves in the minimum order. Long sleeves are about a fiver more!

« Reply #2249 on: 13 March, 2017, 03:27:05 pm »
 :thumbsup: