Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526385 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #2875 on: 28 November, 2017, 12:23:04 am »
How much of the Blackwater Rail Trail is ridable? 

On Sat when the majority are out enjoying the Stansted Airport Express, I'm thinking about joining the Tomsk's clan in Maldon for some beer tasting but fancied a different route to Maldon on perhaps my new CX tyres.... ??  I know there is a bit near Lanford but the rest??

It’s all rideable. Trust me.

Have you got a route / track you can link to?  Looking at the Essex PROW its a lot of footpath rather than bridleway  ???

There are two sections to the BWRT, the first runs parallel to the Langford Road, the second runs from the other side of the B1019.  You'll find both sections as segments of these two rides what I did: Langford Rd bit and the other bit.  Have fun, I love the BWRT and have ridden it loads of times.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2876 on: 28 November, 2017, 12:25:04 am »

On Sat when the majority are out enjoying the Stansted Airport Express, I'm thinking about joining the Tomsk's clan in Maldon for some beer tasting but fancied a different route to Maldon on perhaps my new CX tyres.... ??  I know there is a bit near Lanford but the rest??

Said the man who said the fitch trail wasn't COR

Once you get your adventure bike you'll have no more worries.  Have you got it ordered yet?

« Reply #2877 on: 28 November, 2017, 09:36:41 am »
ACME currently stand 2nd in the Club Points table, with only Four Corners Audax ahead.

Thought I'd mention it as I suspect we'll not be there for long ... unless Grey Sheep can be persuaded to go out a bit more  :thumbsup:

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2878 on: 28 November, 2017, 12:49:38 pm »
ACME currently stand 2nd in the Club Points table, with only Four Corners Audax ahead.

Thought I'd mention it as I suspect we'll not be there for long ... unless Grey Sheep can be persuaded to go out a bit more  :thumbsup:
I note you are only referring to the 6 rider elite table which I doubt I will be troubling  ::-)
We do have the SAE event this weekend with the ECE points to be earned so ACME may stay in the upper reaches of the championship table for a while longer  :thumbsup:
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2879 on: 28 November, 2017, 01:11:30 pm »

I note you are only referring to the 6 rider elite table which I doubt I will be troubling  ::-)
We do have the SAE event this weekend with the ECE points to be earned so ACME may stay in the upper reaches of the championship table for a while longer  :thumbsup:

Some of us might have already earned theirs... :facepalm: some did a DIY so they could earn moooooore  ???  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2880 on: 28 November, 2017, 01:14:51 pm »

Have you got a route / track you can link to?  Looking at the Essex PROW its a lot of footpath rather than bridleway  ???

There are two sections to the BWRT, the first runs parallel to the Langford Road, the second runs from the other side of the B1019.  You'll find both sections as segments of these two rides what I did: Langford Rd bit and the other bit.  Have fun, I love the BWRT and have ridden it loads of times.

Ta  :-*  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2881 on: 28 November, 2017, 07:29:34 pm »

If I'm around at the weekend, I might join you for a drink if you let me know when and where.

As for the Blackwater Trail - my experience was totally rideable but a bit wet in places (should be OK at the moment)

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2882 on: 28 November, 2017, 10:04:10 pm »

If I'm around at the weekend, I might join you for a drink if you let me know when and where.

As for the Blackwater Trail - my experience was totally rideable but a bit wet in places (should be OK at the moment)

:thumbsup:  I've got some 'mud' CX tyres to try out so hoping my new crank arm turns up this week (in fact tomorrow would be idea so I can then try the bike out before Sat!).

I'll be at 'spoons for registration duties so from 08:00(ish) onwards to 10:00 then sometime after that on the road to Maldon... I need to sync with Tomsk on what time the clan are heading over there for....

http://www.mightyoakbrewing.co.uk/mightyoaknews.htm
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2883 on: 30 November, 2017, 04:39:54 pm »
Has anybody heard any news about the Wibblers beer that will be ready for collection sometime, brewed by our fair hands?

Has huggy drunk it already?

Will it be feasible to pick-up from a Wednesday evening rendez-vous (I now have a trailor for such purposes)?

Will it be available commercially from anywhere in the civilised west of the county?

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2884 on: 30 November, 2017, 05:31:39 pm »
Burp  ;D

« Reply #2885 on: 01 December, 2017, 10:34:54 am »

Morning. Just a quick question. How do you get on to 'the other bit'? I mean the bit that goes past Langford station?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2886 on: 01 December, 2017, 10:52:51 am »

Morning. Just a quick question. How do you get on to 'the other bit'? I mean the bit that goes past Langford station?
This recorded track from a while ago includes all the rideable BWRT, Heybridge sea wall & river tow path I could find when cycle-camping with mini huggy

« Reply #2887 on: 01 December, 2017, 12:11:23 pm »
If you are coming from the Langofrd Road just near the bottom of the ramp over the bridge there is a little entrance to the path.

Maps Image

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2888 on: 01 December, 2017, 12:51:01 pm »
If you are coming from the Langofrd Road just near the bottom of the ramp over the bridge there is a little entrance to the path.

Maps Image

Good job this was asked! LOL  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2889 on: 01 December, 2017, 08:57:48 pm »

I think we'll be at the Mighty Oak brewery for around 11AM or so, its about 11 'comedy' km for me to Maldon from Witham, I think Tom is taking a less comedy road route so may well be there before me.  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2890 on: 01 December, 2017, 09:33:21 pm »
Splendid, see you tomorrow

« Reply #2891 on: 05 December, 2017, 08:03:19 am »

Maps Image

Checked it out this morning thanks. Excellent alternative to navigating over the bridge on road. Good surface as well so should be passable all winter on the Trucker. I was cutting through Maldon golf course and along the river but that path is a bit treacherous now.
Had some twat last night try to overtake me on the way home just as I was going over the brow of the bridge. Great idea to try and overtake someone on a hump back bridge with a blind bend. Tosser.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2892 on: 05 December, 2017, 09:22:03 am »

Maps Image

Checked it out this morning thanks. Excellent alternative to navigating over the bridge on road. Good surface as well so should be passable all winter on the Trucker. I was cutting through Maldon golf course and along the river but that path is a bit treacherous now.
Had some twat last night try to overtake me on the way home just as I was going over the brow of the bridge. Great idea to try and overtake someone on a hump back bridge with a blind bend. Tosser.

Yes - not a bad route, just watch out for the hidden tree routes and it should be all good  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2893 on: 05 December, 2017, 12:04:32 pm »

Maps Image

Yes - not a bad route, just watch out for the hidden tree routes and it should be all good  :thumbsup:

Tree roots no problem this morning on 3 inch tyres  :smug:

« Reply #2894 on: 10 December, 2017, 06:49:21 pm »
Will we need to cycle round and rescue OD from his cabin lost in the deep dark wilds of Colchester on route? I am considering putting something with a bit of grip in the bike for Wednesday but in all honesty if it's ice your going down anyway.

« Reply #2895 on: 18 December, 2017, 02:54:07 pm »
Do any of the good folk who live in or near the centre of the known universe have a mid size saddle bag I could borrow. Want to try it on one of my bikes without committing to it

« Reply #2896 on: 05 January, 2018, 10:33:11 am »
A rare opening has arisen for a much coveted role as an ACME Anvil Winter Series controller.

I need someone to stamp cards at Bures on the Kelvedon Oyster.  It is the first control and is only open for 51 minutes and everyone was through it in no time last year so it could even be a rider.

Similarly, if anyone wants to sit at Arrivee, drink beer and help with cards.  That would be great.  I haven't set up a helpers' ride as the Festive period and Epiphany were in the way but it is still open to anyone to do one if they wish.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #2897 on: 05 January, 2018, 04:57:20 pm »
A rare opening has arisen for a much coveted role as an ACME Anvil Winter Series controller.

I need someone to stamp cards at Bures on the Kelvedon Oyster.  It is the first control and is only open for 51 minutes and everyone was through it in no time last year so it could even be a rider.

Similarly, if anyone wants to sit at Arrivee, drink beer and help with cards.  That would be great.  I haven't set up a helpers' ride as the Festive period and Epiphany were in the way but it is still open to anyone to do one if they wish.
I'm keen to ride but if you are stuck and we can arrange an earlier start for me (30ish minutes) I'm happy to control at Pebmarsh. Fine to have the actual start time written in the card and stick to a 30 minute earlier cut off if that works?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2898 on: 19 January, 2018, 12:09:56 pm »
Hello, you may well have just received an email from me about the Alps 2018.  If you haven't received the email but think you should have done please let me know.

« Reply #2899 on: 29 January, 2018, 04:50:23 pm »
Jiber's, what are your Max square Strava uploads? What is it? Do I need to do it? Does anyone else care? Is this a prime 234987229876448776 -1? Why can't I lick my own elbow?  ???

Thx,