Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526269 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #4325 on: 16 March, 2021, 11:12:16 am »
There's hope for all you old codgers, including those with afflictions, what an excellent service you're receiving.

Gawd bless the NHS and all who sail in her!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #4326 on: 16 March, 2021, 11:55:41 am »
and now I'm home less than hour after leaving the front door and almost 5km walked, barely paused before I was jabbed and sent on my way, not offered a cuppa, biscuit or 15 minute recovery sit down, all a bit underwhelming with only an achy arm to look forward to now....until the next time....
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4327 on: 16 March, 2021, 11:58:43 am »
and now I'm home less than hour after leaving the front door and almost 5km walked, barely paused before I was jabbed and sent on my way, not offered a cuppa, biscuit or 15 minute recovery sit down, all a bit underwhelming with only an achy arm to look forward to now....until the next time....

No sticker or lolly?

« Reply #4328 on: 16 March, 2021, 12:03:48 pm »
He probably wasn't brave enough for a sticker.
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #4329 on: 16 March, 2021, 12:05:26 pm »

No sticker or lolly?
nope and 'spoons isn't even open so I couldn't go sit down in there for a recovery either!

He probably wasn't brave enough for a sticker.
maybe I should have cried a bit, might have got a Brave Boy sticker then

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4330 on: 16 March, 2021, 12:07:17 pm »
Did you get a card (AKA your pseudo vaccination passport)?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #4331 on: 16 March, 2021, 12:12:38 pm »
Yes, it says I received the AstraZeneca vaccine from one of the good batches, not one of those sent to continental Europe.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4332 on: 16 March, 2021, 12:13:28 pm »
Yes, it says I received the AstraZenica vaccine from one of the good batches, not one of those sent to continental Europe.

:thumbsup:

« Reply #4333 on: 16 March, 2021, 12:22:53 pm »
Should probably go on the Woodman thread - but any of you fine folks riding the Woodman?
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

« Reply #4334 on: 16 March, 2021, 01:33:40 pm »
There's hope for all you old codgers, including those with afflictions, what an excellent service you're receiving.

You must have had your second doze by now. Was it December you got your first? I think it is marvellous the way they did those in care homes as a priority.

« Reply #4335 on: 16 March, 2021, 01:34:55 pm »
Should probably go on the Woodman thread - but any of you fine folks riding the Woodman?

Yes, I’ll be ECEing the 100.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #4336 on: 16 March, 2021, 01:42:05 pm »

You must have had your second doze by now. Was it December you got your first? I think it is marvellous the way they did those in care homes as a priority.

You're quite right lightning, I have had my second doze of the day.

I've also had my first jab, not long until the second, my carer knows the schedule 👍

« Reply #4337 on: 16 March, 2021, 01:56:54 pm »
Just reading the thread and saw the age limit has changed for the jab. Cheers for the heads up. Booked in for tomorrow morning at the Colchester footy ground :thumbsup:

« Reply #4338 on: 16 March, 2021, 04:51:59 pm »
Good stuff . I reckon they will invite the 45-49 year olds before end of this month.

« Reply #4339 on: 16 March, 2021, 04:53:29 pm »

You're quite right lightning, I have had my second doze of the day.

I've also had my first jab, not long until the second, my carer knows the schedule 👍

It’s bloody marvellous they wake you up after your second doze for your soup and a jab.  Your carer is a saint.

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #4340 on: 18 March, 2021, 11:21:24 am »
I have just had my first jab, local sugery phoned me and offered a much quicker service with cycle access (and friendly marshall to keep the bike safe for a few minutes). Racecourse bookings cancelled.
The ride home should have helped get the blood flowing.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #4341 on: 18 March, 2021, 01:54:50 pm »
I'm a bit peeved at getting bumped along for another month after yesterday's news...  ::-)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #4342 on: 18 March, 2021, 02:14:40 pm »
Had my first jab this morning. About 10 minutes after arriving I was on my way again. Walked there and did an extended walk through local park on way home.  Not sore and no side effects so far. Had it done at a local community hall that backs onto a pharmacy.

I’m now in the Astra Zeneca one jab club.

« Reply #4343 on: 19 March, 2021, 10:03:54 am »
I'm a bit peeved at getting bumped along for another month after yesterday's news...  ::-)

You’re just too young and too healthy a chap.

« Reply #4344 on: 19 March, 2021, 10:05:16 am »
Other than a raised resting HR this morning, no side effects from AZ vaccine.  I’ve had worse the morning after an audax.

« Reply #4345 on: 19 March, 2021, 10:13:35 am »
Wait another few days....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #4346 on: 19 March, 2021, 11:00:59 am »
Wait another few days....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Your avatar is rather worrying  ;D

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #4347 on: 19 March, 2021, 12:56:53 pm »
Side effects noted so far are a tender arm and a headache which paracetamol seems to have reduced - it wasn't sorted by just water. Resting HR and respiration are high but oxygen levels normal, I looked at the data from the garmin watch after reading Phils post.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #4348 on: 19 March, 2021, 04:13:19 pm »

Millennials 🙄

« Reply #4349 on: 19 March, 2021, 04:48:15 pm »

Millennials 🙄

Ok Boomer.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways