Author Topic: Near dead Veho Pebble  (Read 1294 times)

Near dead Veho Pebble
« on: 03 June, 2020, 01:44:06 pm »
I have an elderly one of these that has not been well treated over the years.
It has spent a considerable amount of time in a drawer and only very occasionally used.
I came across it the other day, charged it and it doesn't seem to hold a charge. It shows, by the led's, a full charge but wouldn't charge my phone.
Is it possible to rejuvenate it, please?
Never knowingly under caffeinated

Re: Near dead Veho Pebble
« Reply #1 on: 03 June, 2020, 10:49:27 pm »
In short, unlikely...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 03 June, 2020, 11:12:00 pm »
Usually with this sort of thing fixing the electronics is the easy bit (especially if it's just replacing a knackered cell), it's getting it open and back together again in a non-bodge way that's borderline impossible.

(This is also a textbook use case for the Explosion Containment Pie Dish™)

« Reply #3 on: 04 June, 2020, 06:27:15 am »
Usually with this sort of thing fixing the electronics is the easy bit (especially if it's just replacing a knackered cell), it's getting it open and back together again in a non-bodge way that's borderline impossible.

"(This is also a textbook use case for the Explosion Containment Pie Dish™)"

.... and this is?

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #4 on: 04 June, 2020, 08:14:26 am »

"(This is also a textbook use case for the Explosion Containment Pie Dish™)"

.... and this is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDhhBQvXtUE

Many of his more hazardous investigations require the use of his pie dish.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5 on: 04 June, 2020, 12:34:29 pm »
Something that might reasonably contain the spread of a lithium battery fire, since they're notoriously difficult to extinguish.  (I'm not too paranoid about lithium-ion batteries, but when you're about to start mechanically poking around a suspected faulty one, it's just prudent to have plan for if it does ignite.)

« Reply #6 on: 04 June, 2020, 07:02:32 pm »
Something that might reasonably contain the spread of a lithium battery fire, since they're notoriously difficult to extinguish.  (I'm not too paranoid about lithium-ion batteries, but when you're about to start mechanically poking around a suspected faulty one, it's just prudent to have plan for if it does ignite.)
Ah.
I think I'll chuck it out.
I have a 12v Lithium Polymer one designed to power lights up to 50W that I bought about the same time. That seems to be working ok.
It has done an iPhone charge, three watch charges and is now having a go at an Exposure rear light.
Thanks for the help all.