Author Topic: [HAMR] Another go .. TG??  (Read 178016 times)

Re: Another go .. TG??
« Reply #200 on: 07 January, 2017, 01:31:09 pm »

especially where last year's funds went after your aborted attempt finished

I presumed he's been using them to live on, and pay for the advice he's been getting towards the next attempt.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #201 on: 08 January, 2017, 12:17:26 pm »

As backers last time none of us were given a summary of income/expenditure despite numerous requests/promises.

==================================================================================

I don't recall numorous requests/promises !  I think Steve's ability not to waste money was much in evidence on his two previous attempts.  Let us hope that he does have the van backup he was agreeable to when interviewed by D Peacock on PBP.  The faster he rides and the less clutter he carries the better.  Steve just shout when more  £££££ is needed.

« Reply #202 on: 08 January, 2017, 12:30:55 pm »
Detailing what the money was spent on is just another time consuming hassle. You either want to send some money to help him out whilst he's not working, or you don't.

I sent some money Steve's way and he could have spent it all on cocaine and hookers for all I care....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #203 on: 08 January, 2017, 12:32:48 pm »
Ditto, and you will recall Steve asked everyone to stop contribs as soon as he pulled out of the attempt last time.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #204 on: 08 January, 2017, 12:36:34 pm »
Detailing what the money was spent on is just another time consuming hassle. You either want to send some money to help him out whilst he's not working, or you don't.

Not really.  At least some people will be much more inclined to donate if there's some transparency about what it's spent on.

Whether that additional income is worth the hassle of publishing accounts will likely depend on how much he needs the money.  If he can get by on the donations from those who don't care, then why waste time on it?

(It would of course likely to be of interest to some of us, in much the same way his choice of equipment, diet or training regime would be.  But keeping us informed about that sort of thing is secondary to the goal.)

« Reply #205 on: 08 January, 2017, 01:12:18 pm »

I sent some money Steve's way and he could have spent it all on cocaine and hookers for all I care....
[/quote]

=============================

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #206 on: 08 January, 2017, 01:41:33 pm »

=============================

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

....and presumably just squander the remainder?
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

« Reply #207 on: 08 January, 2017, 07:44:01 pm »
How much is a hooker? Just wondering,so i know how much to sent steve should he ask :)

« Reply #208 on: 09 January, 2017, 12:28:52 am »
How much is a hooker? Just wondering,so i know how much to sent steve should he ask :)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #209 on: 09 January, 2017, 05:43:46 am »

Is that the Campagnolo hooker or the Shimano hooker? The Campag hooker costs more but ... you know the rest
Eddington Number = 132

« Reply #210 on: 09 January, 2017, 01:42:00 pm »

Is that the Campagnolo hooker or the Shimano hooker? The Campag hooker costs more but ... you know the rest

The SRAM ones will do anything for a few quid

Phil W

« Reply #211 on: 12 January, 2017, 06:48:29 pm »

The SRAM ones will do anything for a few quid

SRAM is XX rated

« Reply #212 on: 18 January, 2017, 04:11:33 pm »
Any news on attempt 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #213 on: 18 January, 2017, 08:09:36 pm »
the other day on Facebook, when Kasja posted about the 11th March talk in Nottingham, steve said he'd love to attend but will be busy riding his bike.....

« Reply #214 on: 18 January, 2017, 09:54:32 pm »
Any news on attempt 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seem to recall he'd planned to go mid late Jan to end of February when team all in place and he was up to speed so to speak  !

« Reply #215 on: 25 January, 2017, 02:32:43 pm »
A tweet from yesterday I think...

"@yearinthesaddle @ricosbikeshack @UKCycleChat Getting practical stuff ready, otherwise good to go. Doing GPS trx so ppl can follow easy now".
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Jeff E

• Formerly JRe
« Reply #216 on: 27 January, 2017, 05:00:39 pm »
Do we know if Steve is still following a Keto Diet ?

« Reply #217 on: 27 January, 2017, 05:20:23 pm »
Do we know if Steve is still following a Keto Diet ?
ask him, he replies to questions on twitter, :thumbsup:
Eddington Number 75

Jeff E

• Formerly JRe
« Reply #218 on: 27 January, 2017, 07:25:23 pm »
I will have to find someone who uses this Twitter then.  Many thanks

« Reply #219 on: 27 January, 2017, 08:25:08 pm »
No. Not keto.
Metabolic balance.

Jeff E

• Formerly JRe
« Reply #220 on: 27 January, 2017, 09:12:08 pm »
Thanks Mr T.    And good luck for the Year

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #221 on: 05 February, 2017, 08:20:44 pm »
No. Not keto.
Metabolic balance.
I have just read about the MB diet. How will this be followed when eating at McDonalds?

BB
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

« Reply #222 on: 06 February, 2017, 10:02:54 am »
No. Not keto.
Metabolic balance.
I have just read about the MB diet. How will this be followed when eating at McDonalds?

BB

BIG MAC or sausage and egg muffin served without the bun would be my guess... a good tactic for Keto friendly fast food too

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #223 on: 19 February, 2017, 11:44:13 pm »
As I recall, KFC is Atkins - and somewhat tenuously, by extension - Keto, approved.

I used to regard eating KFC as a form of self abuse, only to be undertaken when I found myself in a pit of despair and self-loathing.

Now it's a superfood! Who knew?

« Reply #224 on: 20 February, 2017, 06:31:19 am »
KFC is made of (very small) bits of chicken surrounded by huge amounts of wheat flour. Are you sure this is Keto approved?