Author Topic: DIY routes  (Read 4251 times)

DIY routes
« on: 31 December, 2010, 02:47:20 pm »
Hi all dont know if this is on the right thread but who do i send off DIY routes to, to be verifed for distances etc for rides from south wales area? ???
Climb every mountain, onwards and upwards.
Next event:- ??????

Re: DIY routes
« Reply #1 on: 31 December, 2010, 02:52:14 pm »
The AUK website isn't very linkable, but from here http://www.aukweb.net/cal/perms/index.htm you can click DIYs and see your organiser is Rich Forrest.
"There are proven ways; play on the certain knowledge of their superiority, the mystique of secret covenant, the esprit of shared suffering"

border-rider

« Reply #2 on: 31 December, 2010, 02:56:19 pm »
Unless things have changed v recently the Midlands & Wales organiser's fiefdom doesn't cover S Wales.  It was the esteemed IanH last time I looked.

« Reply #3 on: 31 December, 2010, 03:30:10 pm »
Unless things have changed v recently the Midlands & Wales organiser's fiefdom doesn't cover S Wales.  It was the esteemed IanH last time I looked.

I'm told that's still the case (thank-you, MV).

border-rider

« Reply #4 on: 31 December, 2010, 03:34:57 pm »
I knew we'd already done this, just couldn't find it

This post gives the map of DIY organisers' areas

Looking for a new DIY organiser

there's discussion further along that thread of where the boundary between orgs runs in Wales

« Reply #5 on: 31 December, 2010, 04:58:52 pm »
I knew we'd already done this, just couldn't find it

This post gives the map of DIY organisers' areas

Looking for a new DIY organiser

there's discussion further along that thread of where the boundary between orgs runs in Wales

Just referred to Danial's map of DIY organiser areas.  As has happened all my life, wherever I have lived, I'm on the corner of a map, this time in Milnrow/Rochdale.  Do you submit your route to the organiser in whose area your route starts?  I have several ideas for routes from Rochdale but half of them are almost totally in the Pennine Dales which seem to come under Joe's remit.  Ah me!  What to do?

« Reply #6 on: 31 December, 2010, 05:33:16 pm »
Just referred to Danial's map of DIY organiser areas.  As has happened all my life, wherever I have lived, I'm on the corner of a map, this time in Milnrow/Rochdale.  Do you submit your route to the organiser in whose area your route starts?  I have several ideas for routes from Rochdale but half of them are almost totally in the Pennine Dales which seem to come under Joe's remit.  Ah me!  What to do?

It doesn't seem to matter much - it seems that the perm organisers are fairly flexible.  I've never been sure whether I should use the organiser for where I live or where I'm riding.  The latter seems a bit more logical in that the organiser is likely to be more familiar with your route, but that could involve using different organisers for each route you do, which is certainly not ideal.

I used Danial's services until he retired, and Rich will now be getting my "business".  Danial always seemed happy with that, and Rich has similarly expressed satisfaction.  Or was that resigned compliance?

« Reply #7 on: 31 December, 2010, 06:47:34 pm »

It doesn't seem to matter much - it seems that the perm organisers are fairly flexible.  I've never been sure whether I should use the organiser for where I live or where I'm riding.  The latter seems a bit more logical in that the organiser is likely to be more familiar with your route, but that could involve using different organisers for each route you do, which is certainly not ideal.

Phil, thanks for that

« Reply #8 on: 31 December, 2010, 07:09:21 pm »
As Phil said, it's not critical. To keep the workload fairly even I suggest you stick normally to your local organiser.