Author Topic: Logitech Webcam Issues  (Read 1101 times)

Logitech Webcam Issues
« on: 14 April, 2019, 04:08:27 pm »
Hi all,

I bought a Logitech C270 webcam recently to use with Skype when I take my online piano lessons.  When it works, I'm really pleased with it, the picture quality is good and it does everything I could ask. I have it set up on a tripod next to my piano.

However I often find that I need to reboot my computer before I can get it to work as otherwise my laptop won't recognise it. I've downloaded the latest drivers and the Logitech Camera Settings and Logitech Webcam Software, but continually get errors ' No Camera Detected' and ' USB Device Malfunctioned' when I try to use it. The only way that I can get it to work is to reboot the system.

It usually then works okay until the computer goes into sleep mode and then goes through it all again.

Now Amazon have told me that I can return it, but I don't want to bother if I'm only going to go through the same issues with any replacement. Does anybody have any suggestions how else to fix it ?

I've stopped my laptop going into sleep mode for now and it seems to be working, but this isn't really fixing the root cause.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Logitech Webcam Issues
« Reply #1 on: 17 April, 2019, 04:51:16 pm »
Sounds like a (presumably) Windows USB device recovering from sleep problem, rather than a problem with the camera itself.  Have you tried unplugging and re-plugging the USB cable?

« Reply #2 on: 17 April, 2019, 09:24:11 pm »
Hi Kim,

Yes I've tried that and it doesn't make any difference. I can unplug it, try different USB ports, uninstall and reinstall it, and nothing fixes it. The only way that I can get it to work is to reboot the laptop which works every time. I agree that it may not be the device itself, but I don't have this problem with anything else. I may try a different laptop, but this gives me a problem as it's the only one that I have a docking station for and it'll be a real pain having to plug everything in each time. As well as the camera I have a midi input and an audio interface.

Logitech have agreed to take it back, but I'm reluctant to return it as I think that a replacement may have the same problem and I can't see any alternative for the same sort of money that looks as good.

« Reply #3 on: 17 April, 2019, 09:38:19 pm »
Probably a windows wake up via usb settings issue. Try turning it off/on.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain