Linked Events

• Friday Night Ride to the Smoke: 01 April, 2011

Author Topic: FNRttS (Oxford to London overnight), 1 April 2011  (Read 21086 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: FNRttS (Oxford to London overnight), 1 April 2011
« Reply #125 on: 02 April, 2011, 08:43:48 pm »
I am kurious, Oranj. :o What are your mudguards made of?
It was great to meet you too!

FTFY

(and apologies to the 95% of the forum who won't get the joke)
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #126 on: 02 April, 2011, 10:14:15 pm »
Getting there...

« Reply #128 on: 02 April, 2011, 10:19:46 pm »
;D

5%

+1

20,000 Fall fans can't be wrong!

Or anyone old enough to remember the film.......

« Reply #129 on: 02 April, 2011, 10:27:32 pm »
I forgot to say - Lights are not required on this ride, so long as Steve Kish brings his.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #130 on: 02 April, 2011, 10:33:41 pm »
I forgot to say - Lights are not required on this ride, so long as Steve Kish brings his.

That makes initial sense, but it's exactly what the grues wowbadgers are wanting you to think.

« Reply #131 on: 02 April, 2011, 10:37:26 pm »

That makes initial sense, but it's exactly what the grues wowbadgers are wanting you to think.

They were keeping a very low profile last night! However Steve didn't leave any biscuit bait with the milk this time  ;D

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #132 on: 03 April, 2011, 12:11:03 am »
Correct, HK and I said gidday to the FNRttS folk on the canal bridge as we were heading off to the 3Down. Sounds like most of you had fun.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #133 on: 03 April, 2011, 12:20:53 am »
Thanks to all those on the ride last night; you made my first forum ride a really enjoyable experience (until my front mech decided to stop playing).

Riding the trike up Chinnor Hill in the middle ring is an 'interesting' experience.  Some might even say "character building"!  No way that I was going to attempt Smalldean Lane like that!!! :P

But I made it back home OK, though not much before the rest of you reached Tesco.  Ugh!

Will now be sorting out the mechanicals; don't want that again.

Bad luck on the mechanicals, and thanks for meeting up with me and Fab Foodie for sausage and mash at the sausage place beforehand :)
My wild boar and pigeon sausages were awesome, and the apple crumble for desert set me up nicely for the ride. I still managed some egg sarnies in High Wycombe and a friend breakfast in London and yet I seem to weigh 0.5kg less than I did yesterday  ;D

I bought some new gloves, socks and a pink Rapha cap :)
What were we saying at breakfast about those people from Hoxton?

:P

You forgot to mention we saw the space station whizz across the sky at about 4.50am. Apparently there were also 3 shooting stars, but I didn't spot them myself. maybe I should get my eyes  tested, I last went 30 years ago (but had 20/20 vision then).

Pete, nice to meet you for nosh, sorry your ride was cut so short.
Feline, you scary super-whipet audaxer!  Shows what can be achieved on a bike.  Feline, your story would make inspirational reading in a mag, newbie to PBP in 15 months!  Congrats on Smalldean.
oranj, nice to meet another local.
Sounds like you all had a good night, really p*ssed  I couldn't make it, especially as the conditions were so sweet.
Cheers y'all, FF.

« Reply #134 on: 03 April, 2011, 08:13:21 am »
Correct, HK and I said gidday to the FNRttS folk on the canal bridge as we were heading off to the 3Down. Sounds like most of you had fun.

Ah! So that's who we saw - good to say Hi - Hope you had as good a ride as we did  :)

Steve Kish

• World's No. 1 moaner about the weather.
« Reply #135 on: 03 April, 2011, 10:14:56 am »
Closest we saw to a wowbadger was a wowfox ..... either that or it was the former with his pyjamas in the wash! ;)

TBH, I'm feeling a bit worse for wear today and am off to see the quack again tomorrow.  I must remember not to tell him that my proposed cure of an 85-mile Oxford-London-Staines bike ride didn't seem to work. :(

What we need for the next one is Tigerbiten with his usual stack of fig rolls being handed out at the start.

Looking forward to the 3/6/11 one already. :thumbsup:
Old enough to know better!

« Reply #136 on: 03 April, 2011, 12:51:24 pm »
I'm sorry I missed this ride but there's no way I'm fit enough to keep the speed up.

I won't be able to do another one untill sometime in August.
The plan is to leave home on the trike towards to end of April and head SW untill I run out of land.
Then turn N untill I turn for home.
Due to my bad knee joints, the plan is to do ~3k mile in ~15 weeks.
After that I'll be fit enough for the ride.

Luck ......... :D

rogerzilla

« Reply #137 on: 03 April, 2011, 09:57:52 pm »
I'm working on the video.  Windows Movie Maker keeps crashing  ::-)  I'll get there in the end.

rogerzilla

« Reply #138 on: 04 April, 2011, 08:54:37 pm »
And...it's up!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YFUvpBaSoa8&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/YFUvpBaSoa8&rel=1</a>

Better quality for download

« Reply #139 on: 04 April, 2011, 09:19:33 pm »
Awesome, looks just like it did on the night! Did you run out of filming time/memory for the tea stop and cafe?

rogerzilla

« Reply #140 on: 04 April, 2011, 09:33:00 pm »
Yes, weak batteries meant the last footage I have is of Beaconsfield.  Next time will be much easier as it will be light for the whole second half.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #141 on: 19 July, 2013, 04:47:23 pm »
A question ...

If you make a film and want to use accompanying music I assume you have to ask permission?  If so, of whom and how?

rogerzilla

« Reply #142 on: 20 July, 2013, 01:36:52 pm »
YouTube has an odd arrangement where, if you use a copyrighted piece of music, they identify it automatically and the music content owner gets some benefit (or at least you, as the video creator, don't).