General Category > Freewheeling

'Out of Stock' UK

<< < (2/15) > >>

FifeingEejit:
I now regret taking a garage full of cardboard to the tip the other week, and the week before.
Could have sold it mahsel

quixoticgeek:

--- Quote from: FifeingEejit on 13 February, 2021, 04:26:23 pm ---I now regret taking a garage full of cardboard to the tip the other week, and the week before.
Could have sold it mahsel

--- End quote ---

I have a pile of cardboard packaging I need to take out to the recycling, but the bin is frozen shut, so that's gonna have to wait.

J

giropaul:
Covid badly affected manufacturing in China and Japan.
Brexit has put significant barriers in the way of importing cycles and parts . Even from outside the EU there are issues - for instance China has a tariff deal with the EU. We aren’t in the EU any more.
Also many cycle parts supply chains operate through Europe. For instance, my understanding is that Shimano is/was supplied to the U.K. distributors by Shimano Europe.
There’s a shortage of parts. Big customers- i.e bike manufacturers, are going to take precedence.
It’s a mess - Covid + Brexit.

SpaceBadger:
Yeah, but we've taken back control, so well worth that bullet to our own face  :-[

Davef:

--- Quote from: Giropaul on 13 February, 2021, 05:23:33 pm ---Covid badly affected manufacturing in China and Japan.
Brexit has put significant barriers in the way of importing cycles and parts . Even from outside the EU there are issues - for instance China has a tariff deal with the EU. We aren’t in the EU any more.
Also many cycle parts supply chains operate through Europe. For instance, my understanding is that Shimano is/was supplied to the U.K. distributors by Shimano Europe.
There’s a shortage of parts. Big customers- i.e bike manufacturers, are going to take precedence.
It’s a mess - Covid + Brexit.

--- End quote ---
Shimano for example are saying it is down to unprecedented demand and it takes up to a year to increase production. Manufacturing capacity has not dropped but has not grown fast enough. It is nothing to do with tariffs. The U.K. distribution for shimano is and always has been in Milton Keynes.

There is also a worldwide shortage of shipping containers which does not help matters. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/22/shipping-container-shortage-is-causing-shipping-costs-to-rise.html - probably due to Brexit or Boris Johnson.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version