Author Topic: Worn Out Wheel - again!  (Read 739 times)

Worn Out Wheel - again!
« on: 11 March, 2010, 01:33:34 pm »
Last September I had to replace the rear wheel on the folder as the rim started to splay out after I pumped the tyre up.  I was a bit anoyed as it was only 2 years old and had done maybe 8,000ml.  The replacement (a cheaper version from Dahon as I wasn't going to spend £120 odd on the proper hi-tech one) wasn't a good wheel, the rim had a high spot that took months to wear smooth, the bearings were tight and the rubber seal squeeked. 

Fettling the bike to make ready for my return to work the rim started to splay when I pumped the tyre up.  So after only around 2,000 ml that rim is worn out.  £80 and special delivery to get it here tomorrow so I can get into work.  Knee isn't good enough yet to walk that far.

Not a happy bunny!

If anyone asks for a recommendation for a folder to commute 100ml a week it won't be a Dahon Mu SL!

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
Re: Worn Out Wheel - again!
« Reply #1 on: 15 March, 2010, 02:07:59 pm »
Can't help here - no idea how many revolutions per mile or how much braking you do.  Most of my rim wear relates to not changing the brakes pads soon enough.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.