Author Topic: Peak District cycling website  (Read 739 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Peak District cycling website
« on: 27 September, 2010, 06:08:26 pm »
When I was in Derbyshire at the beginning of the month I filled in a questionnaire which has resulted in me being enrolled on Home | Pedal Peak District | CTC Challenge For Change . It's another place to record miles. There doesn't seem to be any team competition for doing lots of miles, but I thought I would publicise it in case anyone else wanted to take part.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
Re: Peak District cycling website
« Reply #1 on: 27 September, 2010, 06:09:52 pm »
[Al Murray in "Voice of the Silent Majority" mode]
You're on a register, Mate...
[/Al Murray]
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

« Reply #2 on: 27 September, 2010, 06:26:25 pm »
I'd be a tad more convinced about the Peak Park Authority's view of cycling if they hadn't erected signs along the trails specifically telling cyclists  that they have to give way to everyone who isn't on a bike. Of course, the non-cyclists see this as their permission to be difficult with cyclists. Loose dogs, children, groups from the paramilitary wing of the ramblers etc. seem to be ok, but we are there somehow only if we don't get in anyone's way.

I'm not suggesting hooligan behaviour, but if another dog tries to knock me off, only for its owner to ask me why I didn't ring my bell and wait whilst they captured it, I might lose some of my cool.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #3 on: 28 September, 2010, 10:53:42 am »
I'd be a bit more excited if they put Jacob's Ladder and the Long Causeway over Stanage Nick as a recommended cycle trail.  Still, they're offering prizes.  Does anyone want to form a team?