Author Topic: Copenhagenize, Bullitt is 'alf inched!  (Read 1357 times)

Copenhagenize, Bullitt is 'alf inched!
« on: 08 May, 2011, 11:17:09 am »
I hope he gets it back as many interesting posts revolve around it.

Copenhagenize.com  - Building Better Bicycle Cultures: My Bike Was Stolen

RJ

• Droll rat
Re: Copenhagenize, Bullitt is 'alf inched!
« Reply #1 on: 08 May, 2011, 11:50:07 am »
Quite so.  Not exactly inconspicuous. Fingers crossed ...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3 on: 10 May, 2011, 03:40:43 pm »
Yay!
Getting there...

« Reply #4 on: 16 May, 2011, 01:48:12 pm »
I like the "Du må gerne køre uden cykelhjelm" sticker.

As it says on the site - "Cykelhjelme? Her i verdens sikreste cykelland?" (Cycle helmets? Here in the worlds safest cycling country?)

Good that he got it back.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #5 on: 06 October, 2011, 07:40:30 am »

http://www.copenhagenize.com/2011/10/my-bike-was-stolen-again.html

I doubt he'll be so lucky getting it back this time.

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #6 on: 06 October, 2011, 08:31:32 am »
Let us wait and see, it have been posted MIA in the danish fixed/messenger forum again, so if it is on the streets it will be found.

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #7 on: 06 October, 2011, 08:45:03 am »
I do hope so. It lifted my spirits reading the thread to read it'd been found. But now this.

And Gus? Where's your 'proper' avatar!!!!?  >:( What's this imitation one???
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #8 on: 06 October, 2011, 11:30:26 am »
Obviously a pain. We are reliant on our cargotrike for so much with our kids - losing it would be a monumental hassle. However, I do wonder if he's not doing something. We've regularly left our cargo bikes at bike theft hotspots (Cambridge station, for instance). We use one of those uber heavy Kryptonite New York locks with an abus cable, and an Axa nurses lock (near impossible to remove - took an experienced hand 35 minutes even with an angle grinder and help, without having to hide what was being done) with a feck off hooj chain. If we are leaving it for any length of time (ie overnight), we also tuck one of those little movement alarms under the seat for good measure (WTF is it with parents letting their kids climb all over our bikes!). We also park the bikes in as conspicuous a position as possible.

In the UK, as far as I know, only one bakfiets has ever been stolen, and it was recovered very quickly.

Lightning does strike twice, but that's explained by low resistance. If my bike was recovered, I would be be upgrading my locks. If he gets it back again, someone should forward him that lfgss list of locks.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #9 on: 06 October, 2011, 07:53:31 pm »
Hadn't the victim just moved into a place whose secure bike parking was inaccessible as he'd not been given a key yet?
Sounds like he doesn't usually leave it out and he had reasonable locks.