General Category > Freewheeling

A random thread for cycling things that don't really warrant their own thread

<< < (2/142) > >>

Cudzoziemiec:
Heard a new reason to always carry plenty of water on a bike recently. Someone told me they'd swallowed a bee while cycling. Riding along, summer, whizzing down a hill, then... "That wasn't a fly. It's furry. It's lodged in my throat and it's buzzing." So she drank, drank, swallowed, ate, gulped down water, anything to wash it down before it stung her inside her throat.

lahoski:

--- Quote from: Cudzoziemiec on 18 September, 2017, 09:52:47 am ---Heard a new reason to always carry plenty of water on a bike recently. Someone told me they'd swallowed a bee while cycling. Riding along, summer, whizzing down a hill, then... "That wasn't a fly. It's furry. It's lodged in my throat and it's buzzing." So she drank, drank, swallowed, ate, gulped down water, anything to wash it down before it stung her inside her throat.

--- End quote ---
As one who is firmly in the slack-jawed, mouth-breathing camp when it comes to cycling... that is utterly terrifying.

Ruthie:
I ran into an old friend today.  He's a member of the Mighty VC167, only when I asked him about it he went into a massive rant about how long distance cycling is a total waste of time, and a stupid concept, and a good way to spoil a good sport!

He'd better not say that at the club night or they'll burn him at the stake  ;D

Deano:
Blimey, I haven't seen MSeries in aages.

Karla:
Now there's a blast from the past!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version