Off Topic > The Pub

You know you're middle aged when

<< < (235/308) > >>

nobby:
Not so much middle aged as old aged but this morning I met a six year old African lad at the bus stop with his Dad and as we parted I gave him a £1 for sweets.
He said to me, "Thank you, Grandpa". I was quite touched.

cycleman:
Did he buy you a werthers original nobby  :D

ElyDave:

--- Quote from: Tim Hall on 18 September, 2021, 12:28:33 pm ---
--- Quote from: andrewc on 18 September, 2021, 08:23:42 am ---You are camping, and need to work out the least painful way of getting up from sitting on the ground, rather than just springing nimbly to your feet.

--- End quote ---
And doing it silently.

--- End quote ---

I got up from the sofa the other day, one of the carers said "That was a very Dad-type noise to make"

ElyDave:

--- Quote from: robgul on 17 September, 2021, 07:28:53 pm ---
--- Quote from: Lightning Phil on 17 September, 2021, 05:40:40 pm ---When you stop upgrading the number of “speeds” on the cassette on your bike.

--- End quote ---

Surely it's when you continue to squeeze the rear mech back to accommodate more teeth on the largest cassete sprocket?

--- End quote ---

Then I ain't middle aged yet, this year is my fastest average speed since 2013, but with about 4 x the volume of cycling

ian:
I used to climb trees a lot. I saw a tree that looked climbable and I climbed it. A couple of years back I got halfway up a tree and released that was it, I no longer had the strength to pull myself up another branch. So I hung there like a stranded monkey for several minutes before giving up and letting go and letting gravity make a fool out of me. The ground really did have it in for me too.

My wife, rather than offer sympathy and medical attention, just raised an eyebrow and said 'so you've done with that then?"

I hate it now when I see a good tree and I can't climb it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version