Off Topic > The Pub

You know you're middle aged when

<< < (305/308) > >>

Lightning Phil:

--- Quote from: citoyen on 28 March, 2024, 08:51:15 am ---
--- Quote from: Hot Flatus on 28 March, 2024, 07:33:22 am ---You've just found out what Twitch is and how unbelievably big it is.

And your immediate reaction is that you just don't care.

--- End quote ---

I've been aware of Twitch for a few years but it still baffles me. What does it say about the state of the world that people can get rich from other people watching them play video games? (Don't answer that, I really don't want to know.)

--- End quote ---

No different than people getting rich from others paying to watch them play football.

T42:
Putting things in the dishwasher after breakfast, you turn to get the knife you used for your fake butter, see it's no longer there and pick up the kitchen roll instead.

I did put it down again, though.

alfapete:

--- Quote from: alfapete on 10 April, 2024, 08:01:13 am ---Very many thanks for fixing it - it's my 'go to' social media site and now I can read, once again, topics like 'Soil Pipe Joint'

--- End quote ---

Which reminded me: BIDETS
At the age of 60 I've never had a tutorial about bidets, and we didn't discuss them when I was a child possibly because I'm not sure my parents really understood them either. I've certainly never used one.

Awaiting a plane at Kuala Lumpur airport recently, while sat on the throne, I noticed some information posted on the left hand side of the stall. The word Bidet was there, a picture of a lever, and a 'forward', 'back' instruction. The rest was in Malay. My curiosity was piqued but no more than that. Having completed my business and upon fastening my belt I noticed a lever just below the rim on the outside of the left hand (or right hand, depending on which way you're facing, but it's irrelevant to the story) side of the bowl.

In the privacy of the space it felt like an ideal place to learn a new skill. I leant and pushed the lever down (Front, I believe). There was a small trickle of water into the bowl, unimpressive. So next I raised the lever (Back, I presume) and was a little surprised. There was the noise of an electric motor and a small, brushed aluminium rod emerged gracefully from the back of the bowl towards it's centre. I noticed there was a rounded end, presumably for H&S reasons. Ooh, interesting.

And then water emerged from the end of it. But not just a trickle, a positive fountain! It sprang over the edge of the bowl, 150cm into the air, and ended up hitting the stall door, but only after I'd dodged out of the way. Now this might seem like the time to release pressure on the lever but unfortunately it was the time when the lever came clean off in my hand! And the puddle on the floor grew as the water continued to flow. Thankfully I managed to re-locate the lever and position it in the neutral position and the drama was over shortly before the water ran across the floor and out into the public area.

This particular facility was unusual in not having an attendant mopping the floors. I'm not sure whether I was happy or sad about that. Anyway, I was out of the country within the hour.

Mr Larrington:
In other news, Malaysian police have issued an international arrest warrant…

orienteer:
Designed and developed in Japan, where they are commonplace. We have one, sold by a UK company but clearly Japanese in origin due to the Japlish instructions. Front (for ladies only) or rear wash, hot air drier, heated seat,  and air purifier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version