Author Topic: HTC Desire  (Read 4176 times)

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
Re: HTC Desire
« Reply #25 on: 04 December, 2010, 01:09:39 pm »
The battery life on a Desire is enough to, for example, allow the CardioTrainer application to track your progress via GPS on a 7 hour ride and still have juice to spare.  Pretty good.  I don't put it on the bars, because I'm reasonably good at remembering a route, but it's invaluable to have it available to verify my position or plan a detour.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

Androcles

• Cycling Weakly
« Reply #26 on: 04 December, 2010, 01:21:21 pm »
I've been looking at this and the 'HTC Wildfire' which seems like a smaller version with less screen resolution.

Vodafone offer 300 min's talk time and unlimited texting, which is enough for me; 500Mb internet seems low though. All I do is open my emails and do the occasional post in here (may tether to my laptop to do that) which I guess doesn't use much data? Only negative thing I have seen is some say the 'Desire' battery life is poor; is it?

I doubt I will be using many of the app's but heh never had a 'Smart phone' so could get hooked! One function I may use is the google maps function where it pinpoints where you currently are, although I noticed on my girlfriends 'HTC Wildfire' that it was half a mile out or so when I used it at home, assume that may simply be that she has something relevant turned off to save battery power?

Paul_Smith
www.corridori.co.uk

Probably got the GPS switched off.  Mine does that if it is relying on location from the cell towers.
Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into a dream

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #27 on: 05 December, 2010, 05:54:54 pm »
I love my Desire, and it's very handy for looking at adult foot-pyjamas with Mrs MercuryKev in Khushi's!
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #28 on: 07 December, 2010, 06:00:29 pm »
A shitter and a giggler.

« Reply #29 on: 08 December, 2010, 12:58:48 pm »
@Paul Smith: Player Pro from the market at £verylittle provides playlists and a much better overall experience than the built-in Music app.

HTH
Rich

« Reply #30 on: 12 December, 2010, 12:48:12 pm »
I've just got one of these. Now can somebody please tell me how to use the sodding thing!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #31 on: 12 December, 2010, 01:00:08 pm »
It's easy! :)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Paul Smith SRCC

• Surrey Road Cyling Club
  • 45+ years a club rider, 33+ years in cycle trade.
    • www.plsmith.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: 07 February, 2011, 12:47:30 pm »
I've had my HTC Desire nearly a week, generally very happy with it, would prefer it if the Gmail emails were not truncated, but heh it's not the end of the world.

One thing I'm not sure I'm doing correct is the 'HTC Sync', it's very slow when adding ITunes, it takes far too long; unless I'm doing it wrong of course........?

Paul Smith
Touring Tips