Author Topic: Helmets  (Read 6416 times)

spen666

Re: Helmets
« Reply #25 on: 29 April, 2008, 12:54:22 pm »
Any thread started by Graham and titled helmets shouls surely be in not work safe

« Reply #26 on: 29 April, 2008, 12:57:23 pm »
If I were to do it seriously (as opposed to passing the time as I cycle to work), I think I would have to pick a nice big junction and spend an hour every morning and evening counting the cyclists.

I often see some people at the Chelsea Bridge / Chelsea Embankment crossroads who must be doing some kind of traffic monitoring. Hi-viz jackets (it must be dangerous standing on the pavement) and clipboards but no idea what they're actually looking out for. I'll stop and ask if ICBA next time.

And RLJ rates will be different at different junctions. Not many people try and jump the lights on Millbank/Grosvenor Road crossing Vauxhall Bridge Road, but they all stream through the lights by the South end of Royal Hospital Road or Lupus St.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #27 on: 03 May, 2008, 01:52:09 pm »
Plainly, all cars should be painted hi-vis with reflective details & the drivers and passengers should wear polystyrene caps  :thumbsup: ;)

But how would all those poor innocent motorists know when to slow down to less than the speed limit rather than overtake a police car that looked like all the cicilians?  :'(  :demon:
What's this bottom line for anyway?