Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Going VOIP - losing the landline
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Today at 09:08:56 pm »
As far as I can tell the free line rental stops being free so the cost goes from £29 to £59 a month.
Audax / Re: Eric "Merckx" Millington
« Last post by LittleWheelsandBig on Today at 09:08:28 pm »
Barry remembers Eric as being a really nice bloke who happened to be very strong.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 09:02:17 pm »
Centerfold - J Geils Band
« Last post by Feanor on Today at 08:55:50 pm »
Urg, Plusnet have been in touch, our phone + FTTC contract runs out in July, so we either take out another 18 month contract or I actually have to try and figure out how to do VOIP (Plusnet don't), or if we even need it.

I have Plusnet in the flat in Edinburgh (as ISP, not landline, which is still with BT with no phone plugged in).
Don't think I'm in contract any more.
It just seems to roll along from month to month.

What happens if you don't do anything?
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 08:55:48 pm »
Penthouse and Pavement - Heaven 17
« Last post by Feanor on Today at 08:51:56 pm »
What's not clear to me is how BT intend to migrate their landline users to VoIP.

In the case that they also use BT as their ISP, they will just migrate it using their provided hub.

What's not clear is what happens if you are using an other ISP.
Will they migrate your number to their VoIP platform, and provide you with login details so you can log into it via your preferred ISP?
Or will they only offer voice service if you take a bundled ISP/VoIP service with them?
Will they really just ditch millions of users at the flip of a switch?

For my part, I've migrated my number to AAISP and have my SIP gateway logging into that.
The phones are all registering with the SIP gateway, no BT is involved anymore, so all is good.
Freewheeling / Re: everything begins with an X
« Last post by Jurek on Today at 08:39:42 pm »
No, everything begins with the letter 'i'.
Jonathan Ive created the iMac around 25 years ago.
Exactly how much shit has had the prefix 'i' placed before it since then?
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Today at 08:35:08 pm »
Urg, Plusnet have been in touch, our phone + FTTC contract runs out in July, so we either take out another 18 month contract or I actually have to try and figure out how to do VOIP (Plusnet don't), or if we even need it.
Freewheeling / everything begins with an X
« Last post by vorsprung on Today at 08:29:34 pm »
i just noticed my auk number now starts with an X
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Today I am Listening To...
« Last post by JefO on Today at 08:10:13 pm »
Chariots of Fire - Vangelis
Foot Loose and Fancy Free - Rod Stewart
Legend - Clannad
Eric Clapton - Eric Clapton (Music For the Millions)
Smallcreeps Day - Mike Rutherford

The first four bought today in a charity shop. The Rod Stewart album was a particularly incredible purchase. Complete with the booklet of the album which is in near perfect condition, and the vinyl is excellent. That was £2.
The Clannad album was an extravagance - it cost £5 - but it looks and sounds mint.
Clapton LP has had a colourful life, having been a member of an Essex library! I will be passing this one on.
Smallcreeps Day is a thoroughly excellent album. Not particularly rare, but none of the tracks on it are recognised by Google "Search for a song" (this is a first for me).

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10