Author Topic: How messed up is your post at the moment?  (Read 16869 times)

Re: How messed up is your post at the moment?
« Reply #150 on: 19 March, 2021, 10:16:09 am »
Generally it's reamined good in our area, but a book r has taken (assuming it was posted when the salesperson said..) 7 working days not to get to me in Bucks from York.

Aaaand I received it after 4 weeks - and after I'd paid £3.20 as the young lade what posted it (who has probably hardly ever done such a thing) had put a single second class stamp on it....  ::-)
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #151 on: 19 March, 2021, 01:38:22 pm »
Yet again, Cycling Weekly has failed to reach me in the working week of publication. My postal service in general has returned to being pretty good, so I'm now wondering if The Comic has furloughed its postroom workers and forgotten to recall them.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #152 on: 19 March, 2021, 09:17:33 pm »
The parcel from Manchester that I've been waiting for over two weeks for finally showed up.  By Yodel, which explains a few things.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #153 on: 20 March, 2021, 01:24:42 am »
Sadly the Great Welsh Computer failed to fail to have delivered the reminder that my motor-car's VED expires at the end of the month chiz.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #154 on: 20 March, 2021, 02:01:23 pm »
I phoned RM.  Took 25 mins in the queue but they were fairly helpful.  All of Swindon is affected by resourcing issues but 4 days (5 now*) without a postman being seen is not supposed to happen.  They have given me a ref number and are going to look into why this street is always the one to be dropped at knocking-off time.

*I had one parcel delivered separately in a van because it was RM 24.  It actually took 4 days, so that wasn't good either.  I am waiting for a load of smaller 1st and 2nd class stuff that was posted a week ago.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #155 on: 08 April, 2021, 01:10:25 pm »
Nothing for 3 days again.  RM haven't published performance data since March 2020 and Ofcom (who are useless bastards) are allowing them not to.  However, the last set of data showed they were only meeting half their target for daily deliveries.

Realistically, how many of their employees are sick at this point in the Covid cycle?
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

ian

« Reply #156 on: 08 April, 2021, 01:27:13 pm »
I don't think our postie has missed a single day since this kicked off. Of course, he's been toughened up by his exposure to the bears*.

*When we first moved in we heard some strange noises under the house. Upon investigation we found him in our garage eating his lunch, which was a surprise. Turned out the previous owners had an arrangement with RM to drop off the mail bags so the postie could come and distribute. They'd not mentioned this. We didn't mind, though it seems they stopped the practice soon after, preferring instead to have postie drive around in a van with all the mail in the back.

« Reply #157 on: 08 April, 2021, 01:51:04 pm »
Damn fine service here, sometimes with a smile.

Remarkable, really, given that the ferries are only running 5/7 days.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #158 on: 08 April, 2021, 02:48:52 pm »
Our post has been brilliant throughout. Country area though and a postie who is on our village Facebook group and knows who lives at every house. So somewhat atypical probably.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #159 on: 08 April, 2021, 04:22:59 pm »
Nothing for 3 days again.  RM haven't published performance data since March 2020 and Ofcom (who are useless bastards) are allowing them not to.  However, the last set of data showed they were only meeting half their target for daily deliveries.

Realistically, how many of their employees are sick at this point in the Covid cycle?

Our (reliable) postie told my wife that everyone at the Tring delivery office had had at lest one vaccination.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #160 on: 20 April, 2021, 03:00:41 pm »
I have been sending Stuffs via Royal Mail to elsewhere in the UK, which have been collected from my abode. They're both on Tracked 48.

Stuff #1 was collected at lunchtime, Saturday 17 April. It was still at Greenford when I last looked today, having been stationary at Edgware DO for over 48 hours. It's scheduled to arrive around 12.00 tomorrow.

ETA Still at Greenford at 21.25 20/4/2021

Stuff #2 was collected at 10.06 today. Will watch...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #161 on: 21 April, 2021, 12:36:52 pm »
I've just received a parcel with an address ending in the two lines:
Bristol
Bristol, City of, Somerset

::-)
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #162 on: 21 April, 2021, 01:37:24 pm »
I received a card posted (and postmarked) first class on 30 March on the 10th of April. We'd recycled all the other cards for that anniversary before this one even showed up!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #163 on: 21 April, 2021, 09:05:55 pm »
I've just received a parcel with an address ending in the two lines:
Bristol
Bristol, City of, Somerset

::-)

Stuff #2 went to Edinburgh and I printed a label for it, generated by Royal Mail's online postage purchase facility.

It INSISTED in including the county of Midlothian.

I've never used that for Stuffs sent to Edinburgh before.

Stuff #1 went to Rugby but RM did not interpolate a County. Stuff #1 arrived within specified time window.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #164 on: 22 April, 2021, 08:49:27 am »
Did Midlothian ever include Edinburgh? Most of Bristol, including this part, was never in Somerset. 'Gloucestershire' would at least have been historically accurate (even if 648 years out of date).

Ob post: The parcel arrived promptly in any case. Ordered Sunday, arrived Wednesday and they only charged 89p for postage. Which makes two out of three recently ordered parcels* arriving in good time and one taking a fortnight. That one had come from London, which I suspect is the major bottleneck atm.

*Living the consumer whirlwind.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.