Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 279611 times)

I went shopping for a new set of wheels http://www.zipp.com/wheels/404-nsw-carbon-clincher---/ but couldn't find any on sale. Must be some kind of error.

Where's my rain poncho?

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Wind gusting to 95 kph outside, timber-framed house working like a ship.  Worried about barn roof, which has had problems at > 100 kph in the past. Stuff falling over & general clattering across the road. Keeping an eye on neighbour's tree which could hit us, and our two which could hit neighbouring physio centre + car park.  :-\
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Barn roof & trees was OK. Calm night, lots of rain, but a couple of hours ago the wind came back. Mrs T just nipped out to the bin and fund it on its side with her plastic greenhouse on top of it - fortunately empty but for an overwintering potted magnolia.  Not doing anything about it before tomorrow.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Very windy here this afternoon, and somehow the wind is coming through the external double doors, doing a right-angled turn to the right, crossing the lobby, going through another set of double doors, doing another right-angled turn to the right, then one to the left, and preventing the self-closing security door from closing.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Huge flakes of snow coming down outside my Walsall front window at the moment - not settling, mind. Am going to leave my errands until after lunch I think...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Hail and wild winds here.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Sleet here at Llanerchindda Farm near Llandovery.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Several centimetres of hail lying here.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Sunny this morning, snowing heavily this evening, but not really sticking.

Basil

• Help me!
Come on weather for Christ's sake.  Were only about 8 weeks from mid June!  Will you bloody get on with it!

April - the month when the weather gods get drunk and troll us...
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
There I was, thinking that this must be the coldest April I have recorded in the 6 years that our weather station has been recording such things, and I fnd that bothe 2012 ans 2013 were colder.

http://tickfield.thewalkers.org.uk/weather/NOAA/NOAA-2016-04.txt Refers.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
It's been pretty warm here. We've had our heating off all month and I didn't even notice!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Witch's Titsville here - about 8°C below seasonal averages according to the radio. We're lighting fires again - we'd stopped for a few days last week.

Yesterday I was out when the front arrived: temperature dropped from around 8°C to 3° in 10 minutes.  I want my money back, this Spring is rubbish.

Basil

• Help me!
Gosh. Really big loud thunder storm.

Love it.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Yesterday my weather station recorded 19.2mm. That makes it the wettest day since 19th September 2014, and that was the day that the manhole cover in the road outside our house was struck by lightning.

It is really sodding miserable here at the moment. It was warmer than this last December 28th when the Fridays held their celebratory ride in London and I was seen riding down the Mall in a short-sleeved shirt.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
For comparison, we've had 28 days wetter than that on our station between 19-Sep-2014 and the end of April this year (no data for May yet), ten of which had over 30mm.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Chris S

It is really sodding miserable here at the moment.

Tell me about it. Last time I saw the sun was Saturday. Today is yet another day of Northerly gale, drizzle and fog. Yesterday's "high" was 9C. I may have muttered expletives at the woman on the radio, banging on about the sunburn she got at the weekend.

It's three weeks to the longest day, and I'm thinking I may need to get the SAD light out. No kidding!

#grimupnorth

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
And the good news is that the weather forecast I looked at said the wind would weaken over the next 24 hours.  Just as well I as I am doing a 1-way bike ride from a meeting in London back home via the Dun run route and a few extra km to round it up to 160.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
It's really cold tonight.  Bah.
Milk please, no sugar.

It's been gloriously sunny here all week. ;D :P

Basil

• Help me!
It's been gloriously sunny here all week. ;D :P
Other than a rogue storm last Saturday, we've had 10 days of solid sunshine.
And today is wall to wall blue sky as well.

ian

Monster storm earlier. Thunder and lightning, very, very frightening. Biblical deluge. End times! Oh my woeful ark building skills. The cats, they just watch. The water coming down the hill was about an ankle deep, it was like standing in a river. Which, in retrospect, I shouldn't have been doing on the grounds that I am now wet.

Needless to say, there are wet feet at the bottom of the valley where, contrary to the beliefs of local planning team (gravity is just a theory!), the water ends up.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
I have just watched some titanic wankspanner swimming away from his sunken Mercedes under a railway bridge in Wallington.

I larrffed.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

It's no joke. Costa is flooded. I don't want to hear about floods in Foreignlandistan, what the about the suffering here?