Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 281495 times)

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
Yesterday was sunny-ish with a temperature up to ~12-13 deg C. Today it's snobes and closer to zero.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
I have remained loyal to yr.no for several years now, and not had reason to move. Until now ...

Their forecast now usually starts at a time NOW+4hours. (It used to start at NOW or NOW+1).

Hrummph  >:(
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
I can see a yr.no forecast starting at 15:00. It's now 12:55. Maybe the 4 hour gap is just because there is no weather in Didcot?  :D But yes, I'm sure it used to start NOW!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Back to starting on the next hour for me now: it's 1120, and the forecast is from 1200.

(I think I noticed it was funny yesterday though.)

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
0900 right now - so that's NOW+2h20.

It seems to have been oscillating over the festive season, so I'll let the elves ease their way back into normal working hours :)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
Welsh clouds for you whilst happening to have a camera in the saddlebag :thumbsup:

[/url]

Ruthie

• Her Majester
Cor!
Milk please, no sugar.

Rome was more than 10C colder overnight than several place north of the arctic circle.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
My chum Professor Paolo posted pictures of his cycle-commute in Turin yesterday.  Much SNO :thumbsup:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Very blowy outside and the forecast has gusts of 50mph for the next couple of hours. I think I will be taking the bus rather than cargobike for today's nursery run...

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Very blowy outside and the forecast has gusts of 50mph for the next couple of hours. I think I will be taking the bus rather than cargobike for today's nursery run...

I will be taking the turbo this evening
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
Anyone know if the forecast "severe snowy weather" tomorrow will actually amount to much in the south  :-\

(I am selfishly only really interested in Oxfordshire.)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

ElyDave

Anyone know if the forecast "severe snowy weather" tomorrow will actually amount to much in the south  :-\

who knows? I've got the same concern for Cambs

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Little Tommy Nackertacker on the BBC Londonton news this evening reckoned it looks a bit grim tomorrow afternoon and it appears to be heading generally SE from Walesland.  Cambs didn't look so bad but still cold and windy.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ElyDave

I've got to go to That London on Friday, still looks iffy then as well

who knows? I've got the same concern for Cambs

It's going to be very windy, which means the predicted weather might arrive at any other time or be blown somewhere else entirely. The forecast is pretty fluid.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
Disappointing lack of snowpocalypse here in ABZ today.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Forecast for tomorrow is for 10 hours' heavy precipitation but between 6 and 7pm the temperature is due to drop to 1°C and the wind rise to 25mph. From the point of view of snow, in my experience NW winds never bring snow to SE England, merely wet slush that melts pretty much on impact or soon after. For proper, lasting snow we need a strong E or NE wind.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
OMFG ITS GOING TO SNOW WERE ALL GOING TO DIE 2 WHOLE CENTIMETRES THATS AVALANCHE TERRITORY WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE NARWHALS
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
(Sorry, was reading the Daily Express front page)
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

A colleague in Portland in narked. forcast was for 2-3 inches of snow. As of yesterday morning they'd had a foot and it hadn't stopped.

He says they'd already gone grocery shopping for a week and he doesn't anticipate being able to get out of the house for several days.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

We skyped with our friends in Portland on Saturday. They had to cancel a skiing trip as they couldn't get home. Luckily they have New Seasons about two minutes away for provisions.

Yesterday's wind remodelled the little flat-roofed storm-porch that we have by our back door.  :-\

Yesterday's wind remodelled the little flat-roofed storm-porch that we have by our back door.  :-\

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
OMFG ITS GOING TO SNOW WERE ALL GOING TO DIE 2 WHOLE CENTIMETRES THATS AVALANCHE TERRITORY WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE NARWHALS
;D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.