Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 281349 times)

Some light drizzle in Liverpool this morning,  a couple of hours of heavier stuff in the evening.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Half a bucket of petrichor in Middle Earth.
Are the weather bricks wet?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
No rain here since Friday and that was nothing like enough.
Living in a desert.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
It is starting to sound like some people want rain. What is wrong with you lot?
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

No rain in Slough yet and I'm still enjoying the sunshine   :)
the slower you go the more you see

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse

Sunburn, allergies and dehydration.  And some shoulder thing that can't reasonably be blamed on the weather.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Half a bucket of petrichor in Middle Earth.
Are the weather bricks wet?

Weather bricks black = night time.

nicknack

• Hornblower

Sunburn, allergies and dehydration.  And some shoulder thing that can't reasonably be blamed on the weather.
Brown garden and dying plants.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

Beardy

• Shedist
Well, I thought it was clouding over for a bit of rain this morning, with some very ominous dark clouds. It seems I was wrong :(
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
I'll take any and all of those things over wet stuff falling from the sky and ending up on me, the ground and the road, particularly since I had a front wheel slide (and fall) on a wet road last week.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Road surfaces will be extremely slippery when it finally rains, be very careful out there.

(Old enough to remember the 1976 drought)

Guy

• Retired
The Norwegians are foretelling of as much as 0.2mm of rain for SG17 around 1400 o'clock today.

We'll see.
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
It's gone windy, cool and grey here, 20m S of Chester, and now begun to rain.  Looking at the rain radar, the cloud stretches all the way west to the Welsh coast. I was going to go out on the 'bent this pm to get a few more Veloviewer squares, but might settle for more TdF instead.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
We experienced a few drops of condensed atmospheric moisture here in East Kent this morning. Woo!

The last time I experienced proper rain was when I was in Scotland at the end of May, and even that was only for a couple of hours.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
I saw rain this week for the first time in about 2 months, I was in Aberdeen.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

hellymedic

• Just do it!
We had a little rain this evening in HA8.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
I got soaked on a bike ride earlier.  It's been a while...

We bought a water butt a couple of months ago......  It still hasn’t rained despite dire warnings. Maybe a shower overnight, maybe not. It’s got so I don’t check the forecast before a ride. Just like being abroad.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
None, Nada, zip, zero >:(
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Helluva bang at 3 a.m. followed by a downpour. Dry now, 18°.  No wind so house still full of the 30° stuff.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

essexian

We had about 4 hours worth last evening and most welcome it was too!

Indeed, two of our local stray cats (Eric and Lord Rayner) came into the house to sleep to avoid it. The rain also brought out a hedgehog we had not seen before (quite a small one, perhaps this years birth) looking for food... of course it got fed as do all passing animals!

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
It's gone windy, cool and grey here, 20m S of Chester, and now begun to rain.  Looking at the rain radar, the cloud stretches all the way west to the Welsh coast. I was going to go out on the 'bent this pm to get a few more Veloviewer squares, but might settle for more TdF instead.

And rain it did - steady, wet rain for about 3 hours.  Barbour on for the first time in weeks, nipped out, filled the fountain, and 3 watering cans from the water butt, so that everything would be filled.  The lawns have greened up already.  It now feels a bit autumnal, but warmer: flat calm, watery sun, misty.  All the foliage gently dripping. Will go out shortly and wipe down my car so it gets a free wash.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
If we've had any rain in E17 it's been either while I was asleep or watching the Tour.  Sun's doing its thing now.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

We had 2-3mm around 4am on the Herts-Bucks border. Humid and overcast atm.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

We've had a few showers this week.     The landlady who owns the flat below mine has just come knocking on my door saying that there is water coming into her flat.   This has happened before , there are concrete slab balconies outside & rain gets into the joins & leaches into the brickwork.   Luckily this is classed as structural work & it's the management companies job to fix it.  You can see the cracks when you look up from ground level.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark