Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 275174 times)

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
Pleasant 21°C in Furrybootoon. 26°C in the office.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Just reached 29° in the office, 37° on out north-facing wall.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

essexian

32C in my south facing office currently and people are asking GDPR questions.....

Is it too hot to go postal?

At home it's 27C in the dining room - with curtains drawn, 34C outside.  Heathrow 35C (1-2pm)
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Four hours of riding at 30C+ and a max temp, for forty minutes, of 39C.  :demon: 8)

ian

32.5 degrees in the RMC. And it's raining outside.

Plus, surprisingly, the gardeners came. Rather them than me.

The head of our CAD department has put a thermometer outside, in the shade.

41°C   :o :o :o

My outside reading is the same as RAF Benson, down the road, 36C. 

Still 27.5C inside.

~1hr to reach max temp.

http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
20°C outside now.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
my office at home is 34.2 and still climbing, the living room is a balmy 31.  37 in the garden, with no urban heat island effect

“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Chris S

I'd be surprised if anywhere "officially" made 39c; the highest I've seen is Cambridge Airport at 38.1 - a July record, but short of the all-time record, and there's plenty of convection underway now.

There's potential for some serious storms following on from today; large hail and maybe a twister or two. Massive rainfall totals are unlikely because there's a strong upper flow, so any storms will zip through like an express train.

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
Meanwhile, in the Netherlands we today broke the all-time high of 38.6 degrees (in 1944) with 40.7 degrees. Actually, it was broken yesterday already with 39.3 degrees...

The super markets have ran out of water based ice lollies, though there was plenty of frozen cream and sugar bombs (e.g. Magnums) left.

Fortunately the temperature is going down steadily now, reaching a predicted 25 degrees maximum on Monday.

ElyDave

we've had a brief spurt of heavy rain here and it looks like more to come, my office hit 35.7 before starting to cool again.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
TV's Sophie Raworth is reporting thunder at Kew Gardens but nowt on this side of town yet chiz.

ETA: TV's Riz Lateef now getting rained on at Kings X. Still nowt here.  And she's got an umbrella :'(
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Haz rained in Weca.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

A brief serving of some big ploppy raindrops here in Forest Hill.
Now we return to the sweltering service.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Raining again.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
TV's Sophie Raworth is reporting thunder at Kew Gardens but nowt on this side of town yet chiz.

ETA: TV's Riz Lateef now getting rained on at Kings X. Still nowt here.  And she's got an umbrella :'(

I warned my cleaning lady of precipitation as she left me in HA8 to go home in HA3 at 18.00.
She hit the D&B around 18.20.

Reached 37C around here - hottest I've experienced in UK.  now 29C out/27C in.

ian

The sky has gone the colour of snot after a heavy head cold. A minacious gathering of clouds over the North Downs. I fear a harbinger of the Reign of Johnson.

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
Meanwhile, in the Netherlands we today broke the all-time high of 38.6 degrees (in 1944) with 40.7 degrees. Actually, it was broken yesterday already with 39.3 degrees...

The super markets have ran out of water based ice lollies, though there was plenty of frozen cream and sugar bombs (e.g. Magnums) left.

Fortunately the temperature is going down steadily now, reaching a predicted 25 degrees maximum on Monday.

How are the stroopwafels?

ElyDave

Soft and floppy, I'd guess, much like the denizens of the low countries

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary

How are the stroopwafels?

I'm keeping mine in the fridge until it cools down enough to drink tea again.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Just enough gap in the clouds to get a glimpse of the CRS-18 Dragon spacecraft as it flew over the UK just now.   :thumbsup:

The sky has gone the colour of snot after a heavy head cold.

I'll tell William Gibson he may as well not bother with his next novel.  There's a new kid in town....
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark