Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 279862 times)

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
It's wee bit breezy today.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!

Incredible here during the night and early morning.   Sun's coming out now. A very sudden change.   :thumbsup:
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
We were riding bikes around Derwent and Ladybower reservoirs recently. They have a long way to go to being full - even after all this rain.

A family whatsapp chat this morning revealed that Brother David (mid-Essex) recorded 192.4mm for October, making it the wettest month for at least 60 years, by more than 30mm. Brother Chris, near Shrewsbury, recorded less than half that. My total, only 15 miles from David, was 160.4mm.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Forecast was "cloudy", so it's pissing down heavens hard today. Well, it might wash the varmers' leavings off the road...
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
65mph on the other side of the country, and higher expected this afternoon. Wondering if I should replace the string I fixed the gutter with last might with a bracket instead. Or wait until tomorrow.
It is simpler than it looks.

Leave until tomorrow.

Remember Rod Hull.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Given the gutter is only 7 foot up, it's probably OK. But I think tomorrow sounds more sensible...
It is simpler than it looks.

A mixed bag coming up in Leafy Bucks. 50mph winds overnight, mild tomorrow, then 3 nights of (probable) frost, as the forecast is for temps of 2-3C overnight.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

ian

Breezy and wet all weekend on the North Downs. The hill is a sheet of leaf chutney with fresh leaf fall on top. I wait for the inevitable vehicular crunch. For some reason, the council street cleaning lorry skipped us the other day.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
“Aha” I thought, “at least the mighty rushing rain and canine/feline wind will deter people from going to Mr Sainsbury’s House of Toothy Comestibles, so there will be no queueueueue!”  Natch it is now sunny.  Must recharge my Kindle in antici… … …pation of a long wait.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Dropping No1 daughter off at the station today, a tree threatening the overhead lines round the corner, not my feeder though.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Apprentice geezer
21°C at 2 pm.  Hell, it was 17° at 7 am; I'd have thought "they" would have managed more than 4 measly degrees by now. Peux mieux faire.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
21°C at 2 pm in November in what is still Northern Europe even if it's south of that watery sleeve, is quite impressive.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Radcliffe Observatory, Oxford, recorded 185.3mm last month, making it the wettest October for 145 years.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
Al fresco lunch in shorts & t-shaped shirt today  :thumbsup:

Chris S

Al fresco lunch in shorts & t-shaped shirt today  :thumbsup:

Föhntastic  :thumbsup:

First properly icy morning here today. It's time to track the gritters again!

Cudzoziemiec

Yesterday, according to the app on my phone, it was 4C here in Bristol and 10C in Warsaw. It's mad enough that Warsaw should be warmer and doubly mad that it should be 10 degrees in December; it should be around zero and snowing.

Similarly my stepson and his wife had a pleasant cycle in the sunshine in Berlin today, whereas I struggled round 20 miles of near-freezing fog-shrouded Buckinghamshire with painfully cold fingers and toes.  :-\

Aaaand it’s still foggy, that’s 3 solid days so far. And despite the Met Office forecast for it to lift by now, nope, not a sign of it. Plus a new warning in force from 4pm to 11am tomorrow. Hmmm. It’ll take a breeze getting up to shift it.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Ice warning bonged on the motor-car for the first time this winter, claiming 1.5 degrees.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

You have things which go bong? I rather imagined you in a dustcoat, goggles and leather hat.
Somewhat like Dick Dastardly in demeanour and motoring attire.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
* Kim sniggers like Muttley

It has been hooching down all day & the forecast says it will carry on overnight. Parts of Liverpool near little rivers such as the Alt are on flood alert.  My friends roof is leaking as well. Time to order that “build your own Ark” kit.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Cudzoziemiec

The Ikea Njord is currently out of stock. Order now to make sure of your delivery by January 2024!