Author Topic: BONG ..And Here is the Not News..BONG  (Read 166741 times)

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
Re: BONG ..And Here is the Not News..BONG
« Reply #1025 on: 27 May, 2023, 10:25:14 pm »
BONG Woman surprised hurt that male colleague didn't tell her the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about extramarital affair he was having that was, in fact absolutely none of her business. BONG
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #1026 on: 02 June, 2023, 04:41:35 pm »
I am told by people who read more shite press than I do, that Schofield had a habit of having multiple clandestine affairs with younger and less senior men, then basically bullying them to quit their jobs or get them sacked to protect his privacy.

I'd give more of a shit if the heterosexual male presenters who almost certainly have done, or do similar, were treated the same way; but they aren't. This has the whiff f "eww gays" and implying gay people are inherently more dishonest or icky.
I wondered about the first, but if that is the case, why have they not reported it.
So I very much assumed the second.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

« Reply #1027 on: 02 June, 2023, 09:30:06 pm »
BONG Woman surprised hurt that male colleague didn't tell her the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about extramarital affair he was having that was, in fact absolutely none of her business. BONG

Very much this.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

ian

« Reply #1028 on: 02 June, 2023, 09:51:47 pm »
I figured that I couldn't care any less, then I found out – six more news alerts later – that actually I could care even less.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1029 on: 08 June, 2023, 03:27:42 pm »
90% of bike thefts are unsolved. BONG!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cw0xp8w5x46o

sam

« Reply #1030 on: 08 June, 2023, 04:00:59 pm »
Quote lifted from another thread, but I just saw this one, which seemed more appropriate for my reply even if it's not quite in the spirit of the OP.

"The quack thinking of a member of the public..." saved the day?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jun/08/three-rescued-after-inflatable-duck-drifts-out-to-sea-off-devon-coast?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Pure quackbait, that. The urge of the subeditor must've been almost irresistible. I've often longed to be let loose on the media at large. Some selections from my morgue:

Beardy

• Shedist
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #1032 on: 15 June, 2023, 11:52:21 am »
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/23585704.matt-fiddes-buys-new-ferrari-wife-celebrate-wedding-anniversary/#comments-anchor

Except some of the commenters have done the research and concluded he's bullshitting  ;D
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #1033 on: 15 June, 2023, 12:51:46 pm »
BONG.  Boris Johnson is a liar. BONG.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1034 on: 11 July, 2023, 12:06:53 am »

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1035 on: 28 July, 2023, 12:59:39 pm »
This isn't a news item, but definitely a BONG...

A couple of weeks after having been Witnessed at home, yesterday I was Baptisted. In the street this time, and I was walking past their church, so fair enough. North Welsh accented woman, wearing the apparently Biblically-decreed headscarf (not like a hijab nor an old granny headscarf, more like a table cloth draped over her head), after the normal "Jesus loves you", said she had been gifted a prophesy of mass violence in September. To which I had to point out that it was already happening all over: Ukraine, Yemen, Sudan, etc...

Pretty pattern on the table cloth-headscarf though.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1036 on: 25 August, 2023, 09:15:02 pm »

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1037 on: 07 September, 2023, 06:25:15 pm »
One of those headlines that belongs over Angus Deyton's shoulder...

Prince William kissed by Gazza in Bournemouth Pret a Manger

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #1038 on: 07 September, 2023, 06:32:33 pm »
I guess Gazza's not into the full Honecker-Brezhnev snog.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1039 on: 07 September, 2023, 06:34:33 pm »

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1040 on: 08 September, 2023, 09:00:28 am »
BONG! Man walks along towpath BONG!
If your doorbell took a picture of a real celebrity (as opposed to the reality TV fodder) walking past your domicile would your first thoughts be ‘who can I sell this to?’ Or would you think, ‘that’s nice, I hope the have a good time while they’re here’ and then return to the vacuuming/dishwashing/grass cutting?
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1041 on: 08 September, 2023, 11:54:20 am »
Given that it's probably one of those Ring internet-of-shit doorbells, I expect there's some EULA smallprint that forfeits the copyright of any celebrity images to the local police force.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #1045 on: 17 October, 2023, 07:08:10 pm »
And when you "smash that button", according to Google, you'll be rewarded with a shower of "playful sparkles".
"A shower of playful sparkles" is really invoking Rule 34.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1046 on: 17 October, 2023, 08:19:28 pm »
And when you "smash that button", according to Google, you'll be rewarded with a shower of "playful sparkles".

Not to be confused by the playful sparkles that the Mega-Global Fruit Corporation of Cupertino, USAnia's camera driver adds when it thinks you've done a gesture it recognises.  Yes really.  https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT212950

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #1047 on: 23 October, 2023, 12:45:32 pm »
The death, at 64, of "ex-gangster" Dave Courtney has been reported by the Beeb with him "being associated with the Kray brothers"

Now a bit of arithmetic and that doesn't stack up - the Kray twins, born in 1933, were imprisoned for life (and both died in prison) in 1969 . . . that would have made Courtney 10 years old when they were jailed - seems unlikely that he would have been associated with them at under 10 years old.

Have to say I only picked up interest in the story as a bloke I employed in the mid-1970s had been a "wheelman" (a.k.a. driver) for the Krays in early 1960s and had done some time for it (he was employed as our van driver)

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #1048 on: 23 October, 2023, 05:09:19 pm »
The death, at 64, of "ex-gangster" Dave Courtney has been reported by the Beeb with him "being associated with the Kray brothers"

I played at one of his parties some years ago. It was a bit of an eye opener.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1049 on: 31 October, 2023, 06:52:14 pm »

Not to be confused by the playful sparkles that the Mega-Global Fruit Corporation of Cupertino, USAnia's camera driver adds when it thinks you've done a gesture it recognises.  Yes really.  https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT212950

Lots of American Deaf people very angry about this cos thumbs up is a normal handshape and they keep getting intrusions into their video calls etc. This should be an opt-in only feature at best