Author Topic: Six Nations 2013  (Read 24863 times)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Re: Six Nations 2013
« Reply #50 on: 09 February, 2013, 08:20:24 pm »
Agree that tomorrow could be the decider. My Irish boss reckons they'll find it tough against England so we'll see what happens.

Working for an Italian company with an Irish boss I'm suddenly finding my English loyalty career limiting. :D

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #51 on: 09 February, 2013, 08:23:08 pm »
Working for an Italian company with an Irish boss I'm suddenly finding my English loyalty career limiting. :D

I'm just annoyed my French Boss is off all next week ;D
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #53 on: 09 February, 2013, 11:19:54 pm »
Where would these South Wallians be without an Anglesey boy scoring tries for them, eh?  ;D

« Reply #54 on: 10 February, 2013, 12:37:17 am »
Ireland by 15 points tomorrow and France bottom of the table. 
Allow me to explain through the medium of interpretive dance

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #55 on: 10 February, 2013, 03:28:17 pm »
Citing Officer at the ready tomorrow. Reckon that Ciaran bloke's Six Nations is over after this match.

« Reply #56 on: 10 February, 2013, 03:29:15 pm »
Shouldn't have been lying there though should he?

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
« Reply #57 on: 10 February, 2013, 03:30:53 pm »
What's the matter with the pitches?

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #58 on: 10 February, 2013, 03:42:24 pm »
What's the matter with the pitches?

I know! It's bloody ridiculous  >:(

Oh Lord, ROG is on now. What a prick.

« Reply #59 on: 10 February, 2013, 03:49:32 pm »
Great officials - Cian Healy seems to be invisible to them.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Six Nations 2013
« Reply #60 on: 10 February, 2013, 04:15:27 pm »
Shouldn't have been lying there though should he?

True, but it's up to the referee to penalise the infringement, not the opposition players.

Unfortunately, this ref is rubbish.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #61 on: 10 February, 2013, 04:25:59 pm »
I don't mind this ref actually - I prefer him anyday over that Irish oaf Alain Rollande  ::-). However, he is slow to discipline both sides.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #62 on: 10 February, 2013, 04:58:34 pm »
Phew, that was a bruising encounter!

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #63 on: 10 February, 2013, 05:24:55 pm »
A hard fought win. But a win.
It is simpler than it looks.

citoyen

Six Nations 2013
« Reply #64 on: 10 February, 2013, 05:25:10 pm »
he is slow to discipline both sides.

Precisely my problem with him. Just getting the captains over occasionally and saying "Ah blow ma wheestle... Dee-see-pleen! Dee-see-pleen!" wasn't really an effective way of keeping control of the game.

Not sure I want to see Healy cited, tbh.

Anyway, despite superficial similarities, that was a much better game to watch than France vs Wales yesterday. Robshaw leading by example again, Farrell continuing to grow as a player, Ben Youngs outstanding. Looking good for England.

d.

« Reply #65 on: 10 February, 2013, 06:23:45 pm »
I  thought Ben Youngs or Goode should have been MOM.
I was in Dublin 2 years ago, so wish I could have been there today to see them eat a bit of humble pie.
 I guess the Irish will come over to Murrayfield all fired up after a rest and recovery session.

Six Nations 2013
« Reply #66 on: 10 February, 2013, 06:38:05 pm »
Ah well can't have everything I suppose!

And yes the ref was crap.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #67 on: 10 February, 2013, 08:37:05 pm »
Citing Officer at the ready tomorrow. Reckon that Ciaran bloke's Six Nations is over after this match.

That's what I don't understand about this "rugby". Sometimes it's acceptable to stamp on somebody with your studs, sometimes it's fair enough. Sometimes it's fine to be tackled and hold on to the ball, other times you get penalised for holding on to it. Sometimes it's ok to find yourself lying on the floor where you shouldn't be, sometimes you get sent off for it. I think the last one depends on how convincing your "hands-up, I'm innocent" gesture is.

As one of my Scottish, football-supporting friends once said: "I can't take a game seriously when it's considered a good tactic to kick the ball off the pitch."

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #68 on: 10 February, 2013, 08:39:31 pm »

That's what I don't understand about this "rugby". Sometimes it's acceptable to stamp on somebody with your studs, sometimes it's fair enough. Sometimes it's fine to be tackled and hold on to the ball, other times you get penalised for holding on to it. Sometimes it's ok to find yourself lying on the floor where you shouldn't be, sometimes you get sent off for it. I think the last one depends on how convincing your "hands-up, I'm innocent" gesture is.

As one of my Scottish, football-supporting friends once said: "I can't take a game seriously when it's considered a good tactic to kick the ball off the pitch."

So 'putting it in Row Z' is not a good footballing tactic then - or was your friend making a more subtle point about Scottish football? ;)

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #69 on: 10 February, 2013, 08:40:06 pm »
Scotland excepted, compared to last, this weekend seems to have taken a bit of a dive so far as entertaining rugby is concerned. Bloody grim weather though.

I have to confess that this impression is entirely down to watching highlights and reading match reports.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

citoyen

Six Nations 2013
« Reply #70 on: 10 February, 2013, 10:14:26 pm »
Sometimes it's ok to find yourself lying on the floor where you shouldn't be, sometimes you get sent off for it. I think the last one depends on how convincing your "hands-up, I'm innocent" gesture is.

Or how convincing your "accidentally" kicking the ball away is.

d.

« Reply #71 on: 10 February, 2013, 11:19:54 pm »
I'm sure that you would have been highly entertained Wow if Ireland had beaten England, no?  ;)

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #72 on: 11 February, 2013, 12:53:11 am »
I'm sure that you would have been highly entertained Wow if Ireland had beaten England, no?  ;)
It depends how. Entertained is probably the wrong word: I watch very few games live these days because I don't find them entertaining - or at least, not nearly as entertaining as doing something rather than watching something.

A match which has no score but penalties is a bit of a disappointment. It's tries that make rugby entertaining and where defences are stronger than attacks, that's what happens.

I'd have enjoyed the schadenfreude has Ireland won, but that's not the same as entertainment.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #73 on: 11 February, 2013, 01:03:47 am »
I certainly would have been. :(
Allow me to explain through the medium of interpretive dance

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #74 on: 11 February, 2013, 08:19:49 am »
I'd have enjoyed the schadenfreude has Ireland won, but that's not the same as entertainment.
More of a warm glow, really ...