Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 896999 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #1975 on: 16 August, 2016, 11:28:05 am »
(Makes mental note to watch later)
I'll summarise it for you:
Malcolm Roberts: "I won't believe in Climate Change until I see Empirical Evidence, 'cause I'm an Engineer!"
Prof Cox: "Here is Empirical Evidence"
Malcolm Roberts: "I don't believe in that evidence because that is from NASA and they made it up! wibble!"
<i>Marmite slave</i>

ian

« Reply #1976 on: 16 August, 2016, 12:20:22 pm »
That's the problem with arguing with these people (see also homeopaths, flat earthers, anti-vaxers, creationists etc. bloody etc.). They're not really interested in data, they believe something and are going to keep believing it regardless. They'll cherry pick data for anything that supports them, ignore anything and everything as they see fit, and when presented with incontrovertible evidence, they'll claim it's rigged or a conspiracy or some other nonsense.

« Reply #1977 on: 16 August, 2016, 12:23:28 pm »
(Makes mental note to watch later)
I'll summarise it for you:
Malcolm Roberts: "I won't believe in Climate Change until I see Empirical Evidence, 'cause I'm an Engineer!"
Prof Cox: "Here is Empirical Evidence"
Malcolm Roberts: "I don't believe in that evidence because that is from NASA and they made it up! wibble!"

And don't forget "Concensus is not empirical data or science!"

Unless it's a concensus among scientists based on in depth study of empirical data... 🤔
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

fuzzy

« Reply #1978 on: 16 August, 2016, 01:01:06 pm »
Brian should have forgone giving him the graphs etc. and just presented him with a tin foil hat.

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #1979 on: 16 August, 2016, 02:33:35 pm »
Brian should have forgone giving him the graphs etc. and just presented him with a tin foil hat.

While saying "Of *course* it's real. What did you think all those chem-trails were doing to the upper atmosphere?"
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #1980 on: 16 August, 2016, 05:01:33 pm »
As Prof Cox comes from Manc-land, he probably DID call him a twat later.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1981 on: 16 August, 2016, 06:23:24 pm »
As Prof Cox comes from Manc-land, he probably DID call him a twat later.

A fookin' twat, more like.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #1982 on: 16 August, 2016, 08:42:14 pm »
He has a habit of calling people he disagrees with nobbers...

« Reply #1983 on: 17 August, 2016, 09:44:15 am »

I'm minded to suggest that a knuckle sandwich is more appropriate.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #1984 on: 17 August, 2016, 01:06:58 pm »

I'm minded to suggest that a knuckle sandwich is more appropriate.
"I refute it thus"
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #1985 on: 17 August, 2016, 01:37:54 pm »
I appreciated Brian's pauses, while the ST carried on talking UB and the audience laughed at him.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #1986 on: 17 August, 2016, 10:06:01 pm »
Australian senator Malcolm Roberts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-37091391

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-36972449

I watched that clip, and loved the bit where Cox lobbed the paperwork to the nobber.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

« Reply #1987 on: 18 August, 2016, 12:12:43 pm »
Roberts uses weird language akin to that of the "sovereign citizen" (Oz/US similar to "Freemen on the land") nutters. Somewhere on the web is an affidavit he submitted in an attempt to avoid paying a tax which makes their lunatic distortions of language look sane, complete with repeated references to himself as "Malcolm-Ieuan: Roberts., the living soul".
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #1988 on: 18 August, 2016, 03:16:25 pm »
Roberts uses weird language akin to that of the "sovereign citizen" (Oz/US similar to "Freemen on the land") nutters. Somewhere on the web is an affidavit he submitted in an attempt to avoid paying a tax which makes their lunatic distortions of language look sane, complete with repeated references to himself as "Malcolm-Ieuan: Roberts., the living soul".
Edit. Dunno what happened there. What I meant to say was the second link in my post references this.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1989 on: 18 August, 2016, 04:55:04 pm »
Living R-soul, more like.

« Reply #1990 on: 19 August, 2016, 12:07:04 am »
Edit. Dunno what happened there. What I meant to say was the second link in my post references this.
Ah yes. So it does.

I saw a facsimile of the document on the web recently. Very, very weird. As well as the many repetitions of his strange term for himself, the rest of it wasn't much less crazy.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

rr

« Reply #1991 on: 31 August, 2016, 11:20:43 pm »
Nigel Lawson, again, for the utter drivel he spouter on the today programme this morning.
A true post factual trail blazer.

HTFB

• The Monkey and the Plywood Violin
« Reply #1992 on: 01 September, 2016, 02:03:02 pm »
Nigel Lawson, Today-o'clock: "Negotiating special terms is a waste of time and won't work."
Theresa May's spokesbod, lunchtime: "We want to negotiate special terms."

Fortunately Lawson doesn't count for anything. Though he's possibly right that it won't work.
Not especially helpful or mature

« Reply #1993 on: 01 September, 2016, 02:05:47 pm »
He might have a point this time. UK has been treated as a 'special case' pretty much since commencing membership. The wind is not blowing that way any longer. Still, it's only 52% of the UK's total trade in goods and services and £400 billion or so pa.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #1994 on: 01 September, 2016, 02:25:04 pm »
Much as I despise Lawson even more than the 150+ slugs that I removed from my tent over the weekend, I agree with Canardly.   Why would the EU give the UK special terms except of course special to the remaining EU member states?   

Farage warrants another nomination for his recent intervention in the US elections doing exactly what he was critical of Obama for doing.   Let's hope that there is a smaller percentage of USAsians than there is of UKsians with sympathy for his poison politics.   

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #1995 on: 01 September, 2016, 08:45:52 pm »
Has Donald Trump been nominated yet? If not, why not?

"Hi Mexico, we're going to build an effing great border wall and we're going to make you pay for it."

Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #1996 on: 01 September, 2016, 09:13:21 pm »
Why would the EU give the UK special terms except of course special to the remaining EU member states?
Because they wish to export to here?  Path of least resistance is economic relations exactly as now under a new name. So long as the language is opaque enough for it to take a few days for the liars lawyers and liars journalists to work out thats what happened while the liars politicians on both sides claim a resounding victory jobs a good 'un.  By the time anyone figures it out the public will be bored.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #1997 on: 01 September, 2016, 09:36:56 pm »
Except they can only give uk the same deal as say Norway    Giving uk favourable terms will meet with vested interest resistance from within the eu.   For example, no eu based car manufacturer or their home governments will accept uk imports on effectively more favourable terms.

The trade desire is two way.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1998 on: 02 September, 2016, 12:19:49 am »
Has Donald Trump been nominated yet? If not, why not?

"Hi Mexico, we're going to build an effing great border wall and we're going to make you pay for it."

Following which El Presidente has told D Trump to get tae fuck :thumbsup:

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #1999 on: 02 September, 2016, 06:49:58 pm »
James Corden, for being unfunny and talentless yet believing he is truly hilarious and a gift to us all.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.