Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 897483 times)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #3200 on: 07 June, 2018, 04:25:07 pm »
Morrissy. Again.

Fuck me. I know he's a twat, but support for Anne Marie Waters? As it says somewhere on Twitter:
Just to be crystal clear: Anne Marie Waters is a howling racist, For Britain are a racist party supported by literal neo-nazis, and Morrissey can get to absolute fuck.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #3201 on: 07 June, 2018, 06:35:09 pm »
Morrissy. Again.

Fuck me. I know he's a twat, but support for Anne Marie Waters? As it says somewhere on Twitter:
Just to be crystal clear: Anne Marie Waters is a howling racist, For Britain are a racist party supported by literal neo-nazis, and Morrissey can get to absolute fuck.
That and 'expressing sympathy for Tommy Robinson'.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #3202 on: 09 June, 2018, 03:58:40 pm »
Bloody R4!  That's several times today you've informed me that Farridge (that's the excellent Brummie pronunciation of his name) has said something.  Who cares?
Oh, of course, you do.  You're the BBC. 
Surely you didn't sent someone to a venue to listen to him, did you?
Listen BBC.  No one cares.  Probably not even his ex BNP Lite Ukip members.
Give up, for heaven's sake.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #3203 on: 09 June, 2018, 04:24:53 pm »
Bloody R4!  That's several times today you've informed me that Farridge (that's the excellent Brummie pronunciation of his name) has said something.  Who cares?
Oh, of course, you do.  You're the BBC. 
Surely you didn't sent someone to a venue to listen to him, did you?
Listen BBC.  No one cares.  Probably not even his ex BNP Lite Ukip members.
Give up, for heaven's sake.

The BBC News is merely an entertainment organisation now.  "News-a-tainment" if you will.

It's almost as full of "click-bait" as the Mail online.  Farage and Katie Hopkins are used for this purpose.

The online BBC news channel is bordering on sickening, the way they mix stories of mass murder in Syria with Mary Berry's new recipes..etc.

What makes it worse is when they refer to Russian news channels as "State Sponsored Broadcaster".... and fail to see any irony.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

« Reply #3204 on: 15 June, 2018, 03:13:53 pm »
Christopher Chope.... :facepalm:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3205 on: 15 June, 2018, 03:24:20 pm »
I object to his inclusion in this thread on the basis that blocking the 'upskirting' ban is reprehensible and beyond understanding. we need another thread where he can fuck off to and die.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #3206 on: 15 June, 2018, 03:30:50 pm »
I object to his inclusion in this thread on the basis that blocking the 'upskirting' ban is reprehensible and beyond understanding. we need another thread where he can fuck off to and die.

His wiki preview page might not be all his own work:
Sir Christopher Robert Chope OBE MP (born 19 May 1947) is an utter twat and absolute muppet with no conscience whatsoever. His best friend is Neil S Walker ...

(I think it's been edited back now, chiz)

ETA: This one survived the edit though:
On 15 June 2018 Chope blocked the passage of a private member's bill that would have made upskirting a specific offence by crying "object" in the House of Commons, which drew immediate criticism from fellow MPs.[23]. He was, however, too busy trying to get an angle up PM Teresa May's skirt to care much about his colleague's ire.

« Reply #3207 on: 15 June, 2018, 04:54:59 pm »
The Belvoir Hunt & all who sail in them.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-44488533
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

ian

« Reply #3208 on: 15 June, 2018, 05:59:59 pm »
TBF, Chope's issue seems to be private members bills rather than looking up women's skirts (does it apply to kilts, I hope not, that's another hobby off the list). He's an unhealthy reminder that the Tory party is choked with these slightly barmy old folks who seem to have failed to successfully exit previous decades.

Personally, I'm not keen on defining laws for every specific offence. Voyeurism is already on the statute books. Otherwise, you get into the legal hinterlands, but your honour, it says skirt and it was clearly a dress. Etc. Voting against legislation isn't necessarily the same as approving of the activity.

Anyway, if you can 18 months suspended for GBH, I suspect you've have to look up a lot of skirts to get significant time at HM's pleasure.

« Reply #3209 on: 15 June, 2018, 06:21:04 pm »
I'd have slightly more sympathy if Chope weren't a right-winger of the rabid kind, whose ire seems to be most raised by progressive bills. And while I broadly agree with your point about the creation of specific new criminal offences, wasn't the impetus for the bill the fact that the police claimed to be unable to prosecute incidences as the victims were wearing underwear and therefore the images weren't technically obscene?

ian

« Reply #3210 on: 15 June, 2018, 06:32:11 pm »
I'm not denying Chope is bonkers. He quite probably is. They usually are, the Conservative party in particular seems to have no shortage of them. (Ok, I just googled, he does tick all the boxes, and adds a few more, we're going to need a bigger checklist.) I'm not entirely sure where Christchurch is, but we should take the precaution of bombing it out of existence. Sorry chaps, but it's for your own good, some of you are voting for him.

That said, I'm not convinced the best way to fix existing broken legislation is by creating more legislation.

« Reply #3211 on: 15 June, 2018, 06:47:18 pm »
It also says something about the archaic nature of our legislature. The rules Chope (and others, notably Rees Mogg) exploit, evolved in a time before we had a strong party system, when most bills were private members bills. The farce of people having to stay up all night to be first in the queue to promote a bill, only to see it talked out or otherwise scuppered is a joke. There has to be a better way of getting suggestions from ordinary MPs onto the statute book without everything having to come from the civil service.

"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #3212 on: 15 June, 2018, 07:37:31 pm »
In the light of recent events it seems that objections to bills being passed without debate are a tad selective.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

ian

« Reply #3213 on: 15 June, 2018, 07:57:02 pm »
He got 70% of the vote. I am pretty sure the remaining 30% of the Christchurch constituency will sacrifice themselves to a fiery death and welcome the friendly bombs that fall.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3214 on: 15 June, 2018, 08:35:23 pm »
I'm not entirely sure where Christchurch is, but we should take the precaution of bombing it out of existence. Sorry chaps, but it's for your own good, some of you are voting for him.

That said, I'm not convinced the best way to fix existing broken legislation is by creating more legislation.

Christchurch is my David's hometown. It's just east of Bournemouth, on the Dorset1 coast. It is populated by folk like David's Dad: ancient conservatives who supported UKIP until it fizzled out and are staunch Brexiteers.

1) This area was previously Hampshire.

ian

« Reply #3215 on: 15 June, 2018, 08:45:29 pm »
I fear many of his constituents are still serving in the Napoleonic wars.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3216 on: 15 June, 2018, 08:55:02 pm »
There are a few dicks like Chode and the equally odious Philip Davies who take great delight on talking out private member's bills because "democracy".  Or possibly just cuntiness.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

« Reply #3217 on: 15 June, 2018, 09:09:14 pm »
I don't think the level of cuntiness is debatable for Philip Davies (it's absolute). Him, however, I already knew about. Sir Chode-hole is a new one for me. I think they may be manufacturing them in some weird Willy Wonka factory, in goes pulped copies of the Daily Mail, and eventually out pop these loathsome, greased extra-sized homunculi spluttering 'gays! women! abortion! europe!'

OK, I don't do party politics, but I do find it hard to believe people vote en masse for individuals like these. Then I realise that people really do adhere to these peculiar reactionary views. Not in small numbers, there's lots of them. Which makes me sad and a feel a bit weird, I can't honestly get my head around much of what they believe in. if there was a Venn diagram of my beliefs and theirs, we'd have to draw circles on different sheets of paper. Then someone would have take my sheet, get on a plane and fly to the other side of the planet. Where there's a rocket pad. At which point he'd hand it to the waiting astronaut and she'd take it and clamber into the pilots seat. The rocket would launch into space and several month later arrive in the orbit of Saturn. Where's there's a wormhole to a very, very distance star, so impossibly distant that it takes the light a million years to reach earth. She'd toss it in and it would be whisked away to that very, very distant star.

That's really an accurate depiction of how much our beliefs overlap.

« Reply #3218 on: 16 June, 2018, 02:04:18 pm »
Chope used to be my MP when he was first elected. He got into parliament for Southampton Itchen, a safe Labour seat, when the sitting MP moved over to the Social Democrats. That split the left-of-centre vote and let the Tory in.
He did get kicked out of Southampton after two terms, but I suspect he will be a fixture in Christchurch until he retires or we get PR.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #3219 on: 16 June, 2018, 04:52:31 pm »
...until he retires or we get PR

One is inevitable, the other will happen when porcine aviation becomes commonplace . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3220 on: 16 June, 2018, 08:24:07 pm »
Seems that the Chode apologists who claim "he does this with all private member's bills" are being a tad disingenuous.  Because Chode himself has sponsored no fewer than forty-seven, usually on the subject of making the NHS not-free.  This is supremely twatty on its own demerit.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #3221 on: 16 June, 2018, 10:30:01 pm »
Seems that the Chode apologists who claim "he does this with all private member's bills" are being a tad disingenuous.  Because Chode himself has sponsored no fewer than forty-seven, usually on the subject of making the NHS not-free.  This is supremely twatty on its own demerit.
Alexander Cole-hamilton MSP has come up with a useful term:
You’ve been an MP since 1983, that’s 35 years and the one thing you’ll be remembered for, 👏THE 👏ONE👏THING👏, is for allowing lads to take photos up women’s skirts without fear of jail a while longer. Take a bow #ChristopherChope you unrepentant thundertwat. #upskirtingbill

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3222 on: 16 June, 2018, 10:51:49 pm »
Nick's daughter Sophie Tweeted thus.
Get real dad - what an ignorant and thoughtless comment. Upskirting can quite easily happen even when women dress conservatively... but the responsibility still lies with the woman? This is for sure one of the top 3 stupidest comments you’ve ever made. #EngageBrainAndReassess

Credit to her!

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #3223 on: 16 June, 2018, 11:02:44 pm »
You seem to be missing a bit of context there helly.  Try this, from all round charmer and Super Twat extraordinaire, Nick "loophole" Freeman:
Whilst this is totally unacceptable conduct, if women
assumed some responsibility for their attire, they would not be in jeopardy. Prosecutions will only  utilise valuable police and CPS
resources that should be  prioritised elsewhere. #upskirting

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3224 on: 16 June, 2018, 11:06:38 pm »
Thanks Tim!