Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 874101 times)

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #2825 on: 11 December, 2012, 12:02:18 pm »
Hope road BB - was slightly perplexed to find spacers in with it.. am going to assume I don't need those unless the crankset bottoms out before play is eradicated.
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #2826 on: 11 December, 2012, 12:09:13 pm »
after one and a half weeks I rang Rutland to find out what was going on with my short sleeved Baa Baa to be told "might be with us at the end of the week" I cancelled and asked for a refund, not to have not "in stock/on back" order on an item is not really on  ::-)
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2827 on: 11 December, 2012, 12:16:15 pm »
Yes, Wiggle had an interesting definition of 'in stock' when it came to the chainring I need. >:(
Getting there...

« Reply #2828 on: 11 December, 2012, 02:47:00 pm »
New frame arrived from Bob Jackson. It looks very nice and built exactly to my spec.  :)
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

LEE

« Reply #2829 on: 11 December, 2012, 03:00:25 pm »
My son 'who doesn't wear cycling clothes' on his bike has asked for Levi commuter jeans and some cycling underwear for Christmas  :o :o
It seems he's been riding 10km time trials at Uni and finding his arse a bit uncomfortable in chinos with a leg rolled up  ;D

Stage 2 will be to convert him to the idea of clipless pedals ....

I got some odd looks from Andover CTC folks when I entered their TT using my single-speed with Carradice Barley attached (you never know when you'll need those sandwiches on a 10 mile ride).

Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #2830 on: 11 December, 2012, 08:45:39 pm »
Sealskins HandleBar mittens AND some silk inners - determined to get my hands warm again!

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #2831 on: 11 December, 2012, 09:20:59 pm »
4 schwalbe Marathon plus 32mm
2 Schwalbe marathom mondial 50mm
3 KMC X10'93 chains
1 Sram 12-36 Casette
2 KCNC jockey wheels.

So now I only need a  few  extra things and I think I will manage until june.  :)

LindaG

« Reply #2832 on: 11 December, 2012, 09:50:51 pm »
A red shiny Christmas present for Crusty.   :)

« Reply #2833 on: 12 December, 2012, 04:59:53 pm »
My Carradice City Folder (aka a Bureau for the front of a Brommie) has arrived. It was a factory second (some screws very slightly misplaced) so cheaper on Ebay. Thanks Sue!

Shortly I shall attempt to transfer the frame from Rob’s C bag (which I have also borrowed, along with the Brommie) and see if the C bag will fit inside the more rigid Carradice so that I can take both home.

I’ve never really owned a bike that was suited to Carradice before (my bikes all have racks and I have never needed both panniers and saddlebags) but I like the look of this more than anything else that is available for Brommies. Shame my own Brommie won’t be with me until March!

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #2834 on: 12 December, 2012, 05:02:10 pm »
A bunch of dry-bags from Alpkit (one of the few things I wanted from them that was actually in stock)

Looks like I'll be using Saturday's Christmas ride to see how the bike handles with 75% of my bikepacking kit strapped to it1. Fluorescent yellow dry-bags .... should brighten the day somewhat.

1 - it'd be 100% if I had my framebag, but I don't so it isn't.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #2835 on: 12 December, 2012, 07:21:37 pm »
A pair of 3/4 (or 3/4 of a pair) cycling wotsits. A seecrit Christmas present for me from Mrs. Hall.

Loads of other cycling stuff TAAW, as presents for misc. family members.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #2836 on: 13 December, 2012, 01:00:20 am »
Two square taper BBs for crusty clunker resurrection.  Am considering a foray into Hollowtech II. 

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #2837 on: 13 December, 2012, 02:59:17 pm »
Rotor 3d compact crankset just arrived. c.530g without BB & c/rings. Too pimp for the audax bike? Nahhh!
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2838 on: 13 December, 2012, 04:07:22 pm »
My SportsPursuit orders are starting to arrive, in the last 24 hours I have received:
2* Crank Brothers Multitools (Premium Pixl)
4* AirHole masks
40* Schwalbe 700C inner tubes (20* 18-28 and 20* 28-45).  Might have over ordered on that one, anyone need spares? I got them at £3 each, so will sell them on at the same...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #2839 on: 13 December, 2012, 04:20:38 pm »
I'll take a few off you. 

tiermat

« Reply #2840 on: 13 December, 2012, 05:08:54 pm »
I'll take a few off you.

I'll chuck some in the car and bring them along on Saturday, if you can make it, I'll see you there, if not let me know how many you want and I will pass them on to another Yorkite to get them to you.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #2841 on: 13 December, 2012, 05:12:14 pm »
Okay, I'll let you know.

[Actually, how long are the valves?]

« Reply #2842 on: 13 December, 2012, 05:23:07 pm »
Some inner shorts and 2 Specialized The Captain Armadillo Elite tyres.  :thumbsup:

tiermat

« Reply #2843 on: 14 December, 2012, 06:36:12 am »
Okay, I'll let you know.

[Actually, how long are the valves?]

40mm

« Reply #2844 on: 15 December, 2012, 03:02:05 pm »
Not quite sure how it happened, but I seem to have put down the deposit on by far the nicest (& most expensive bike) I'll have ever owned. Should be here by late January ...

« Reply #2845 on: 15 December, 2012, 06:55:27 pm »
Not quite sure how it happened, but I seem to have put down the deposit on by far the nicest (& most expensive bike) I'll have ever owned. Should be here by late January ...

You cant leave it like that man! Details and pics if poss.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #2846 on: 16 December, 2012, 06:25:20 pm »
Meant to write a second post but got distracted. Anyway:

Van Nicholas Yukon, with SON dynohub & Edelux, handbuilts wheels, proper mudguards, triple chainset

« Reply #2847 on: 16 December, 2012, 09:28:27 pm »
Mmmm nice
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #2848 on: 16 December, 2012, 10:08:29 pm »
20mm webbing straps.
Keeping stuff lashed to my front rack, for the use of.

« Reply #2849 on: 16 December, 2012, 10:08:46 pm »
Not me but Barbara bought me a Campagnolo jumper in the Chainreaction sale, ordered the wrong size XL as I am L, very lucky the Italians are small as it fits perfectly, am I chuffed - YESSSSSSSSSSSS  ;D
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.