Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 873838 times)

mcshroom

• Mushroom
Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #4425 on: 09 March, 2015, 07:44:43 pm »
A Wallace and Gromit bidon to replace the YACF one I left on a train yesterday.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #4426 on: 09 March, 2015, 10:58:16 pm »
Some shiny spoke reflectors and a Knog rear light to keep in my bag in case I, or anybody I see,  have problems and need an emergency light for safety.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

« Reply #4427 on: 10 March, 2015, 03:27:50 pm »
A teeny pump, because I'm not sticking the Road Morph on the shiny carbon. :hand:

Never mind that, when are we going to see pictures ?

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #4428 on: 10 March, 2015, 06:30:56 pm »
A 3/32'' chain from Asda of all places. Now I have all of the bits I need to get my latest project on the road. I think.

« Reply #4429 on: 11 March, 2015, 02:56:34 pm »
Some Craft base layers, 2 SS windstoppers and 2 SS plain.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #4430 on: 11 March, 2015, 11:41:11 pm »
pair of marathon plus for the youngests MTB for riding to school.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #4431 on: 11 March, 2015, 11:49:08 pm »
A teeny pump, because I'm not sticking the Road Morph on the shiny carbon. :hand:

Go even teenier, get gas!

« Reply #4432 on: 12 March, 2015, 07:12:18 am »

Go even teenier, get gas!

Got that too - feels wrong to not have a pump as backup, though!

Otto

• Biking Bad
« Reply #4433 on: 12 March, 2015, 07:56:56 am »
Two new cages and two new bottles

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4434 on: 12 March, 2015, 11:03:36 am »
Pair of Lusso shorts arrived. They look OK. Couple of trial rides & washes coming up.  I've had shorts that were wonderful until washed.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #4435 on: 12 March, 2015, 01:06:40 pm »
Some Di2 frame grommets. Got to measure up for the cables this weekend.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #4436 on: 12 March, 2015, 06:29:27 pm »
Some new tyres for the not-Tifosi.

« Reply #4437 on: 12 March, 2015, 08:47:21 pm »
A brompton ! Well, ordered it. Blue frame and extremities. Mudguards and kojak tyres. Shimano dynohub lighting. A wee mini bag for the front.
Opted for 3-speed with 12% reduction on it. 6 weeks lead time !

Don't be surprised if it shows up much earlier though. We get quoted 6 weeks on average but 3- 4 weeks isn't uncommon.

Hope so. Wish you could track your build.

« Reply #4438 on: 12 March, 2015, 08:54:16 pm »
I've ordered some new cycling shoes. I've been looking for some carbon soled women specific MTB shoes that might be good for long distances for a while now. Last year I failed to find any at all in my size I could order. I also ideally wanted them to be black. Not white, red or silver. Do I want to scrub my audax shoes clean on a  weekly basis .... no. It is shocking how little stock there is in the UK of the popular women's sizes in a shoe that surely more than just moi wants to buy ???  ???

So this week I went on yet another search, and discovered that the nearest pair of women's high end carbon soled MTB shoes in my size and the colour I want to buy is in Germany. I now really really hope bike24 can deliver  :D

« Reply #4439 on: 12 March, 2015, 09:25:39 pm »
A couple of Edelux IIs just the other day. One fitted. It really does make a difference. Had one driver flash at me before I got the beam in just the right place. Very good width of beam on corners.

Also a Showers Pass winter hat.  Traditional style with ear flap.  More stuff to order when the new fixed frame arrives (did I mention the new fixed frame?).

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #4440 on: 16 March, 2015, 07:41:35 am »
Pair of Conti Contact Sports and Slime tubes for C Minor's Subway, which has been pressed into service for his enforced 26-mile (total there-and-back) commute to college.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #4441 on: 16 March, 2015, 02:02:28 pm »
Shimano M520 pedals (to replace my pair with worn surfaces).  But one of the bearings is as stiff as a stiff thing (something out of alignment, probably).  Fortunately I got them from Wiggle so I'm confident in the returns process.

Also a pair of GripGrab EasyRider mitts from Wiggle.  Pretty good, with gel inserts, but they're a bit small for the size.  You might want XL if you normally take L gloves, unless you want them very close fitting and short in the fingers, like I think I will.  They should be comfortable after some stretching.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4442 on: 16 March, 2015, 08:21:06 pm »
Some replacement rubber boots for BB7s, as the ones on the trike have disintegrated.

« Reply #4443 on: 17 March, 2015, 01:00:06 pm »
Yay, my Sidi Dragon's have arrived today and are actually the right size! I'm sat on the sofa wearing them trying to decide if I need to alter the instep adjustment thingy or not. They feel comfy already and are incredibly light. Might have to stick some cleats on them take them on a test ride later  ;D

« Reply #4444 on: 17 March, 2015, 01:07:36 pm »
Yay, my Sidi Dragon's have arrived today and are actually the right size! I'm sat on the sofa wearing them trying to decide if I need to alter the instep adjustment thingy or not. They feel comfy already and are incredibly light. Might have to stick some cleats on them take them on a test ride later  ;D
Good shoes :thumbsup:
I liked mine so much I ended up getting a second pair (for those not-enough-time-to-dry-out-overnight moments)
The closest place I could fid mine at a reasonable price was somewhere in Spain  ???

« Reply #4445 on: 17 March, 2015, 01:17:56 pm »
Good shoes :thumbsup:
I liked mine so much I ended up getting a second pair (for those not-enough-time-to-dry-out-overnight moments)
The closest place I could fid mine at a reasonable price was somewhere in Spain  ???

Mine came from Germany (Bike24). It wasn't so much the price but the fact no one anywhere had any womens ones in the right size and colour. I wanted some last year and couldn't get them for love nor money. They are black so won't go tatty looking too quickly  :D

« Reply #4446 on: 17 March, 2015, 02:47:45 pm »
A replacement frame hinge, lower stem, chain catcher/guide and some rear drive side spokes to fettle my newly acquired Dahon Speed P8.
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #4447 on: 18 March, 2015, 02:40:33 pm »
Another pair of M520 pedals - with good bearings this time.

A warning about the GripGrab mitts I mentioned: they incorporate magnets to keep them together, and to interfere with your Clipper Recta compass!  They can be cut out without too much damage, fortunately - nice neodymium disc magnets!
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #4448 on: 18 March, 2015, 02:47:53 pm »
A fresh marathon plus for the Brompton plus a little ortleib saddle pack that dosent fit on my B17, which is annoying.

It looks to have a handy slot where I can slip a toe strap through though so all may not be lost anyway.

D.
Somewhat of a professional tea drinker.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #4449 on: 18 March, 2015, 11:52:27 pm »
A Schwalbe Durano for the winter bike and a Vittoria Open Corsa for the TT bike, plus a valve extender