Author Topic: I thought the ice cap was melting!  (Read 1299 times)

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
I thought the ice cap was melting!
« on: 14 July, 2011, 06:27:06 pm »
Polar Bears in Stornoway? What ever next?

PB by windy_, on Flickr

PB and Windy by windy_, on Flickr

PB2 by windy_, on Flickr

PBs by windy_, on Flickr

On a cycle tour up through the Outer Hebrides (with Barra to the Butt now completed), the PBs were camping at Siabost last night and had a day trip to Stornoway planned to see the Tall Ships, the Lewis Chessmen (and a certain Mr. Windy).

I cycled out to meet them - all the way to Carloway along the Pentland Road, but no sight so turned around and headed home. I later found out that they had a lazy start to the day and were about 10-15 mins behind me.

I headed to town in the afternoon and found 2 tourists sitting on a bench, in the rain, with hoods up,  eating pasta and chips - cyclists food - it had to be them. PB looked up as I looked at him and we said our hellos.

We went for coffee and cake (thanks PB) and then the PBs headed to the museum. I looked for another friend but couldn't find them so walked up to the museum too. We then strolled back to the harbour to see the tall ships - a bit disappointing, the only one there was a few miles out at sea.

The afternoon was getting on, and the PBs still had a long ride back to their campsite so we said our goodbyes. I turned and headed home and they headed to the co-op to buy their supper. A very enjoyable afternoon and another 'virtual' friend becomes 'real' :)

Re: I thought the ice cap was melting!
« Reply #1 on: 14 July, 2011, 10:37:57 pm »
A real friend indeed.  :thumbsup: