General Category > Audax

ACME 'Who's Entered What' Audax Thread

<< < (34/34)

felstedrider:
Riding on the day as I'm going away the following morning.   Unfortunately I will miss the social.

felstedrider:
Enjoyable R&R 200 yesterday.  It was really quite damp for the first few hours to the point where we were  stood in a shop doorway in Burnham on Crouch not wanting to move.  One member of our group of 3 turned for home when he passed quite close.  I was tempted.

I avoided going home later on despite being a mile from my front door.  It was warm and sunny for the last couple of hours and I cheered up. 

The finish control had me slightly emotional having not sat down with my friends eating pizza and cake after a long ride for what seemed like a very long time.  Thanks to Huggy and family for putting all this on.

drossall:
Good ride on the 100k too, and yes, I enjoyed the pizza. Apparently, or so I was told at the finish, I'm some kind of weather god; I did need a waterproof for a couple of short periods in the early miles, but then I stuck it in my back pocket and was fine. Unlike those riding five minutes ahead and five behind it would seem ;D Even the volunteer controller at Abberton had looked at the sky and warned me I was for it in the final miles - but I stayed dry then too.

Next up is the Wormingford events in two weeks, which we being advertised at yesterday's HQ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version