Author Topic: Arrivée est arrivé!  (Read 473315 times)

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
Re: Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #1225 on: 15 November, 2012, 11:53:30 pm »
GrahamG

Yes I have 2 sons one almost 30 the other also 29 & a daughter very nearly 27.

It's all those head winds I cycle into and free mud-packs from hanging onto wheels.

Now sure it will catch on with the general population of normal ladies or a certain age.
But if Louby-Lou facials do, I'm set to not only make my fortune but enjoy work free
years of cycling into the sunset.

You forgot the bicycle grease as hand-cream.
I was told how lovely my hands were once by one of those salesbods that haunt shopping centres and rub cream into you in the hope of encouraging a purchase.  Naturally I have stuck with bearing grease etc. ever since as my handcream of choice.
(may contain exaggeration).
*makes mental note to try next free mudpack*
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #1226 on: 16 November, 2012, 12:31:55 am »
Are we onto a marketing ploy for Audax here - Long Distance Cycling makes you look younger.

That must be why Mr Blacksheep asked me if I had my parental consent form last year  ;D

LindaG

« Reply #1227 on: 20 November, 2012, 10:22:24 pm »
Where's mine?  Have I been banished from the fold?   :(

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #1228 on: 21 November, 2012, 12:39:36 am »
I have mine but I'm afraid haven'e opened it yet. It has joined the pile of things in plastic wrappers that I don't open when I'm like this.
It is simpler than it looks.

shyumu

• Paying my TV license by cheque since 1993
    • Balancing on Two Wheels
« Reply #1229 on: 23 November, 2012, 09:08:12 am »
Where's mine?  Have I been banished from the fold?   :(

il a encore arrivé?
a journal of bicycle rides I have enjoyed:

http://balancingontwowheels.blogspot.co.uk/

LindaG

« Reply #1230 on: 23 November, 2012, 09:11:47 am »
Non.

« Reply #1231 on: 23 November, 2012, 10:20:58 am »
Ask MemSec, he sorts this stuff out.

mikewigley

« Reply #1232 on: 24 November, 2012, 09:37:20 am »

Hey, that's me!  lindagordinho has PMd me so yes, I'm on it. 

The Royal Mail runs a lottery where the winners actually receive their copy of Arrivee within a day or so.  My own only arrived after a week's delay (which was making me worry that there were another 5000 copies sitting in a sorting office somewhere inadequately addressed because of a cock up I'd done - which wasn't the case I should add)

shyumu

• Paying my TV license by cheque since 1993
    • Balancing on Two Wheels
« Reply #1233 on: 24 November, 2012, 11:24:06 am »
I have mine but I'm afraid haven'e opened it yet. It has joined the pile of things in plastic wrappers that I don't open when I'm like this.

But there is are some really amusing articles, like the new layout for the AUK regulations.  Go on, open it.
:)
a journal of bicycle rides I have enjoyed:

http://balancingontwowheels.blogspot.co.uk/

LindaG

Re: Arriv�e est arriv�!
« Reply #1234 on: 14 January, 2013, 11:05:04 am »

Hey, that's me!  lindagordinho has PMd me so yes, I'm on it. 

The Royal Mail runs a lottery where the winners actually receive their copy of Arrivee within a day or so.  My own only arrived after a week's delay (which was making me worry that there were another 5000 copies sitting in a sorting office somewhere inadequately addressed because of a cock up I'd done - which wasn't the case I should add)

Arrivee arrivee last week.

Thank you MemSec  :D :D

« Reply #1235 on: 11 February, 2013, 04:17:13 pm »
Has anyone received their February edition yet or has mine got lost in the post (again)?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1236 on: 11 February, 2013, 04:25:16 pm »
Has anyone received their February edition yet or has mine got lost in the post (again)?

Not received mine yet.

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
« Reply #1237 on: 11 February, 2013, 04:31:23 pm »
Nuffing here and I  renewed and everyfink.
Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie

mikewigley

« Reply #1238 on: 11 February, 2013, 04:49:29 pm »
I'm glad you asked.  They went in the post today so watch out for it in the next day or two.  You will also get the 2013 Handbook with it, so you'll be able to count how many times your name appears (or is it only me that does that?)

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #1239 on: 11 February, 2013, 04:57:26 pm »
I do it too. Then I highlight my name and show it to my family. Fame at last.....
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

CrinklyUncle

• #TCRNo6cap23
« Reply #1240 on: 11 February, 2013, 04:58:57 pm »
The 2013 handbook is already on the website, I'm listed once...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1241 on: 11 February, 2013, 05:31:44 pm »

Not received mine yet.

nor I

« Reply #1242 on: 11 February, 2013, 06:07:09 pm »
The 2013 handbook is already on the website, ....................
Sadly, the Brevet 5000 page seems NOT to have been updated after all ......................

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #1243 on: 11 February, 2013, 06:57:02 pm »
The 2013 handbook is already on the website, ....................
Sadly, the Brevet 5000 page seems NOT to have been updated after all ......................
This page is upto  date:
http://www.aukweb.net/results/fame/b5000/
(some of us were added just a couple of weeks back, I think. Discussed in another thread IIRC?)

I can't see the 2013 Handbook, but I guess it may have been compiled BEFORE the most recent additions to the B5000 list.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #1244 on: 11 February, 2013, 10:23:16 pm »
Online Handbook is in the Official section of the main menu.

« Reply #1245 on: 13 February, 2013, 02:12:06 pm »
I'm glad you asked.  They went in the post today so watch out for it in the next day or two.  You will also get the 2013 Handbook with it, so you'll be able to count how many times your name appears (or is it only me that does that?)

Anyone seen it yet? I know, so impatient.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #1246 on: 13 February, 2013, 02:15:21 pm »
My copy arrived this morning.  Unfortunately the article I submitted hasn't been included  :'(  Perhaps I'll be lucky next time.

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #1247 on: 13 February, 2013, 03:33:26 pm »
Yes Arrivee(d).

By chance, I parallel with Derek Heines (p22) saga as he recovered from hip injury and went on with Audax Challenges. Interestingly, his learning to ride Trike lesson was exactly like mine back in 1993. The simple secret is ‘never stop steering’, as you can do on solo. Also, his tale of returning to the long distance game, using Turbo and patience is an echo for the able-bodied to appreciate their luck to remain intact.  My injury was a mere broken femur last December; I managed a Trike 200 on my R leg in Jan and am committed to the same ride this month. My season will (it had better) climax with LEL in July/Aug. Recovery from injury is a serious game and, for an athlete, just one of those Challenges we face head on. Well done Derek – I am right (leg) behind you.
SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1248 on: 13 February, 2013, 05:35:50 pm »

Anyone seen it yet? I know, so impatient.

My magazine & Handbook arrived today.

I need to read the Clarion article in the current edition of Cycling World to finish that mag. & then I'll be reading my Arrivee & handbook.

Martin

« Reply #1249 on: 13 February, 2013, 08:06:51 pm »
Nice to see RRTY which is part of the bread and butter of AUK included  :thumbsup:

shame mine have been stripped  :( was it for testing positive for lager at the finish?