Author Topic: (Random) night (random) run to the (random) pubbe (N.Yorks)  (Read 66527 times)

Re: (Random) night (random) run to the (random) pubbe (N.Yorks)
« Reply #25 on: 03 May, 2011, 05:31:15 pm »
That would suit me, obviously, and I know a ver' fine pub, but it's more expensive for you, and Mr T may not fancy the extra mileage.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #26 on: 03 May, 2011, 06:03:34 pm »
I've left it a bit late to book a bike space on the last train back now - can't get out to the station tonight for childcare reasons, and it'd be pushing it a bit to get it sorted at the station tomorrow on my way out, even if the York EC staff do seem to be reasonably clueful!

I'm happy to do whatever, but my sensible train options are the 22:03 from Darlo or the 22:30 (which leaves a minute or 2 early!) from NTR.  Maybe we should plan slightly more ahead for a Darlo run one week, then I could even be organised and get cheap tickets!

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #27 on: 03 May, 2011, 06:57:38 pm »
If we can plan ahead a bit more we can go and see Mrs T's cousin in MSG, he co-owns The Oak Tree
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #28 on: 03 May, 2011, 07:18:11 pm »
Plan A for this week then - meet at Northallerton and head NE. I'll think of a loop.

MSG is a lovely ride from NA.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #29 on: 03 May, 2011, 07:21:53 pm »
Cool.  Should I plan for a return journey from Northallerton on the 22:30 (which left at :29 last week!) or Darlo on the same train but half an hour earlier? 

CrinklyLion

« Reply #31 on: 03 May, 2011, 07:31:29 pm »
Cool :)

tiermat

« Reply #32 on: 04 May, 2011, 02:24:29 pm »
Sorry guys, I will have to cry off tonight, my stomach is playing silly bu&&ers (stress related) so will probably just end up going to bed early.

Feel free to meet up here for coffee before heading out if you like, but I won't riding tonight :(
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

CrinklyLion

« Reply #33 on: 04 May, 2011, 02:40:49 pm »
:(

CrinklyLion

« Reply #34 on: 04 May, 2011, 11:07:33 pm »
Shame it didn't work out tonight-although it meant I stayed unexpectedly later at work and got a surprisingly large amount of stuff done. Silver linings, and all that :) Hope you're feeling more chipper by tomorrow T.

Any thoughts on availability next week? Thursday is prob easiest for me, although wed/fri are possible if they would work for other people.

« Reply #35 on: 04 May, 2011, 11:16:03 pm »
Let's call it Thursday, meet at NA and ride up to Middleton st George. Delightful ride over the Tees at Dinsdale. Possible extra riding out to Middleton One Row, and Aislaby, where the Toytown crew may want to meet. Back to MSG. 5 miles back to Darlo train station.

tiermat

« Reply #36 on: 05 May, 2011, 08:12:17 am »
That sounds like a plan, I will probably see Mrs T's cousin on saturday so will let him know, and make sure they have Copper Dragon :)

LindaG

« Reply #37 on: 05 May, 2011, 08:31:26 am »
Let's call it Thursday, meet at NA and ride up to Middleton st George. Delightful ride over the Tees at Dinsdale. Possible extra riding out to Middleton One Row, and Aislaby, where the Toytown crew may want to meet. Back to MSG. 5 miles back to Darlo train station.

I would've loved that, the Dinsdale road is one of my favourites, sadly I am at work till 8pm next Thursday  :'(

Ah, well, that's why they pay me the big bucks.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #38 on: 05 May, 2011, 09:00:43 am »
Are you available on a different day LG?

I could make a Wednesday, if it suited other people better - it's just a question of not allowing myself to work late and then a bit of a sprint to get to the station!  Thursday is a bit calmer.  But I think Wednesdays are awkward for someone else sometimes... I think we need more evenings in a week.  Longer weekends would be good too.

If we have a definite plan I'll nip into the train station and book a bike space for the 11-ish train (an East Coast which stops to allow people off in Northallerton, but not to board, apparently)

LindaG

« Reply #39 on: 05 May, 2011, 09:10:16 am »
I think we need more evenings in a week.  Longer weekends would be good too.

/\  This!

Now I'm back at work evenings out will be difficult.  Again.  Best not to organise things with me in mind I'm afraid.  If I can make it, I will. 

I won't be able to have a social life at all next week.

But thank you for trying to include me  :-*

CrinklyLion

« Reply #40 on: 09 May, 2011, 09:07:56 pm »
Are we still on for this Thursday?  If so, I shall get me to a station tomorrow and book a bike space homewards from Darlo for Thursday.  This is assuming, of course, that Tiermat has recovered from his hangover by now and that somebody is going to see a dentist and sort out his toothache....

*peers sternly over the top of her glasses with her very finest teacher stare*

« Reply #41 on: 09 May, 2011, 09:09:50 pm »
Since it's my plan, I'm still happy with that...

CrinklyLion

« Reply #42 on: 09 May, 2011, 09:11:26 pm »
H'excellent. 

« Reply #43 on: 09 May, 2011, 09:23:59 pm »
We'll stil meet at Northallerton, just to be clear.

tiermat

« Reply #44 on: 10 May, 2011, 08:03:31 am »
I have informed Mrs T's cousin that 3 cyclists will descend on the pubbe at some point on thursday evening.

Oh and coffee stocks are replenished :)

CrinklyLion

« Reply #45 on: 10 May, 2011, 08:08:37 am »
Eggs-sell-lent.

Are you riding home afterwards?  The 11-ish East Coast train from Darlo does stop at Northallerton, for people to get off although not for people to get on, bizarrely.  Single is just under a fiver, but you'd need a bike booking in advance.  I can imagine that on a late train they might be particularly pernickity.

tiermat

« Reply #46 on: 10 May, 2011, 08:15:05 am »
I think I will ride back, need to get some miles in.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #47 on: 10 May, 2011, 08:03:43 pm »
Mission accomplished-I haz orange cardboard.

tiermat

« Reply #48 on: 11 May, 2011, 10:31:58 am »
\o/ looking forward to it

« Reply #49 on: 11 May, 2011, 02:00:07 pm »
How about this as a route?

Google Maps

Mostly unnecessary loops to Middleton One Row and Kirby Sigston - though the loop to One Row means we go through as little of MSG as possible...