Author Topic: I'm going to Boulder on Sunday  (Read 1447 times)

I'm going to Boulder on Sunday
« on: 05 June, 2008, 11:38:31 pm »
One of my favourite towns in America. Lots of bikes, at least one good bike shop which is run by Peter Chisholm. Going to be Denver for the rest of the week

Re: I'm going to Boulder on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: 06 June, 2008, 06:52:34 am »
Got any rides planned?

« Reply #2 on: 06 June, 2008, 08:48:28 am »
Got any rides planned?

NO, it's a work trip. I was invited to go cycling with someone on Sunday but  I didn't want to have to take my bike all that way for just one ride.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 06 June, 2008, 09:28:26 am »
Take a Brommie  :D

Hope you have a fabulous time - my folks are very fond of that part of the world and I think I'm going to have to visit at some point now I know I won't get the clean gloves and warm tongs treatment...
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: 06 June, 2008, 10:05:49 am »
Take a Brommie  :D

Hope you have a fabulous time - my folks are very fond of that part of the world and I think I'm going to have to visit at some point now I know I won't get the clean gloves and warm tongs treatment...

You should visit, everyone should visit Colorado and Boulder in particular. When I cycled across America I went from Denver to Boulder then trough the mountains from here. There are some fantastic routes. Motorists in the hills, in my experience are considerate to cyclist, maybe a little impatient at times but the roads are wide and gradients not very steep. I know a lot of people in this area now as the company I work for is based in Denver. At some point I hope to take a bike and do some of the Rocky Mountain CC Randonees.

So Charlotte, you want to meet me at Heathrow tomorrow lunchtime and loan me your Brommie for the week ? Only kidding !!

onb

• Between jobs at present
« Reply #5 on: 06 June, 2008, 11:33:31 am »
Have a good trip Martin .

« Reply #6 on: 06 June, 2008, 12:50:16 pm »
Excellent! Nice place I hear.
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

« Reply #7 on: 06 June, 2008, 10:50:45 pm »
I'm mildly jealous.  Never been to Colorado.

Hope work doesn't get in the way too much

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #8 on: 07 June, 2008, 12:43:21 am »
There should be plenty of places round there if you want to hire a bike for a day. Summit County is good - out of season ski resorts all linked by cycle paths.