Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 442515 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #3300 on: 01 September, 2022, 11:54:44 am »
I went swimming before work and forgot to take a bra.

Yes I know bras aren't compulsory and women shouldn't feel they have to wear them but I'm a big woman and I'm not comfortable in a work environment without

Duct tape is your friend  ;D

« Reply #3301 on: 03 September, 2022, 07:24:58 am »
Almost too mundane for here, but exactly HOW many years have I been baking bread ? (ans: very lots). I bake 2 x 750g of flour big loaves at least once a week. How in the name of the sainted Delia did I manage to leave out the salt?

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3302 on: 03 September, 2022, 09:12:09 am »
Almost too mundane for here, but exactly HOW many years have I been baking bread ? (ans: very lots). I bake 2 x 750g of flour big loaves at least once a week. How in the name of the sainted Delia did I manage to leave out the salt?
Age! It’s a sign. You’re getting old.  :demon:
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #3303 on: 03 September, 2022, 09:43:10 am »

No, you don't have to be old.  My son once made macaroni cheese, but forgot the macaroni.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3304 on: 03 September, 2022, 10:53:11 am »

No, you don't have to be old.  My son once made macaroni cheese, but forgot the macaroni.

Not so forgettable afterwards thobut.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3305 on: 05 September, 2022, 09:38:42 am »
Yes well.  Absolutely beautiful cycling day, 15°C with a max of 28° forecast and light wind.  But no, must get on with the barn door.  Went out after breakfast, got set up and drove screws for a solid hour, inside to out. Then MrsT comes home from shopping, looks at what I've done and says "but you already did those from the other side".

Closed everything up, came in, had an espresso. Have to go get some more screws now mañana. Nah, Wednesday. Or next week. Fuck it.

« Reply #3306 on: 05 September, 2022, 01:12:05 pm »
I placed my tilly hat into the straps on the outside of my backpack but didn't tighten the elastic. On backtracking there was no sight of it so now I have to hope it is handed in to lost property.

Hopefully it will appear, I had a stroke of luck last week when the trio following me on the KAW picked up my errant coffee mug and handed it back to me at the pub we were all staying at.

Hadn't appeared before it was time to leave on Monday afternoon so I suspect that it was being used by someone till the end of the festival. Unfortunately we left before they handed it in.

« Reply #3307 on: 08 September, 2022, 10:23:17 am »
Took the top plate off the diesel stove last night; this involves jamming a screwdriver down a hole, wedging it, and lifting enough to get a hand under.

Slipped with the screwdriver and dropped it on my finger, didn't I?

Thought I'd broken it at first - the top is about 10kg.  Seems to just be bruised. Thank goodness I'd had the sense to put some gloves on first.

Div.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #3308 on: 08 September, 2022, 10:57:36 am »
A full tube of tomato paste dropped out of the fridge as I opened the door. Instinctive reaction was to stop it hitting the deck with my (bare) foot. Ouch.
Rust never sleeps

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3309 on: 09 September, 2022, 09:58:04 am »
A full tube of tomato paste dropped out of the fridge as I opened the door. Instinctive reaction was to stop it hitting the deck with my (bare) foot. Ouch.

At least it wasn't salad cream
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3310 on: 09 September, 2022, 10:03:41 am »
I placed my tilly hat into the straps on the outside of my backpack but didn't tighten the elastic. On backtracking there was no sight of it so now I have to hope it is handed in to lost property.

Hopefully it will appear, I had a stroke of luck last week when the trio following me on the KAW picked up my errant coffee mug and handed it back to me at the pub we were all staying at.
Oh dear, ED, please tell us you had forgotten it at a wayside coffee stop, not that you were danglemugging.  :D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #3311 on: 09 September, 2022, 10:16:28 am »

At least it wasn't salad cream
Owwwwww!
Rust never sleeps

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #3312 on: 11 September, 2022, 06:34:45 pm »

Oh dear, ED, please tell us you had forgotten it at a wayside coffee stop, not that you were danglemugging.  :D

I was on tour, of course I was danglemugging  :D
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3313 on: 13 September, 2022, 05:03:53 pm »
Got varnish onto exactly the wrong bit of my shorts.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3314 on: 13 September, 2022, 05:11:58 pm »

I was on tour, of course I was danglemugging  :D
Okay, totally serious question: Don't you find the mug gets muddy or dusty, depending on weather and terrain? Also, doesn't it "clink" as it dangles and comes into contact with luggage. bits of bike frame, or whatever?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #3315 on: 13 September, 2022, 05:22:32 pm »
Is there a right bit ?
Rust never sleeps

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3316 on: 13 September, 2022, 06:24:27 pm »
Okay, totally serious question: Don't you find the mug gets muddy or dusty, depending on weather and terrain? Also, doesn't it "clink" as it dangles and comes into contact with luggage. bits of bike frame, or whatever?

On the few occasions that I've been mugpacking[1], I've found that dust accumulation was a minor issue, though that was on-road in dry weather.  Really needs a little draw-string bag that isn't the mesh one that Alpkit provided.

[1] Mug strapped to a random bit of bike frame, with brew-up kit inside.

« Reply #3317 on: 13 September, 2022, 07:33:14 pm »

You varnish your shorts?
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3318 on: 13 September, 2022, 07:45:27 pm »

You varnish your shorts?
Normally only the ‘right’ bit of his shorts apparently
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #3319 on: 13 September, 2022, 08:26:08 pm »

You varnish your shorts?
Laquer on the knackers is best avoided.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3320 on: 13 September, 2022, 08:44:02 pm »
Just did that thing again where my spidey sense belatedly alerted me to a crime in progress ("Hang on - is that the sound of a power drill punctuating that car alarm?"), and proceeded to watch like an idiot without the aid of  a) my glasses  or  b) a camera.

From the conversation I overheard afterwards, it sounds like a passerby got a registration number, which is a lot more useful than the "They went thattaway" that I could contribute.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #3321 on: 13 September, 2022, 08:44:30 pm »

You varnish your shorts?
Laquer on the knackers is best avoided.

Ah - but it does add lustre to the cluster  ;D

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3322 on: 13 September, 2022, 09:09:16 pm »
Just did that thing again where my spidey sense belatedly alerted me to a crime in progress ("Hang on - is that the sound of a power drill punctuating that car alarm?"), and proceeded to watch like an idiot without the aid of  a) my glasses  or  b) a camera.

From the conversation I overheard afterwards, it sounds like a passerby got a registration number, which is a lot more useful than the "They went thattaway" that I could contribute.

Owner of the car has returned, started it, noted the horrendous noise, stopped it, dawdled about on their phone for a few minutes, then started it again and driven off.  Given the state of the exhaust, I belatedly realise that I didn't mishear someone exclaiming "He's got the cat!", and all becomes clear.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3323 on: 14 September, 2022, 07:57:27 am »
Is there a right bit ?

No, but some are worse than others.

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #3324 on: 16 September, 2022, 07:14:27 am »
I forgot the egg in a bara brith once, couldn't figure out why it was taking so long for the skewer to come out clean. By the time I gave up it was roughly the same shade on top as good Welsh coal and could have been given as a prize at Paris Roubaix.
It got eaten, took some effort thobut.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.