Author Topic: Non Essential Travel by Omicron . How will it effect Audax events and riders?  (Read 1984 times)

I do hope our UK Audax events will not be subject to no essential travel ? like France ... We dont want the bad and sad days coming back !

Re: Non Essential Travel by Omicron
« Reply #1 on: 16 December, 2021, 07:37:51 pm »
I am hoping that if everyone comes forward for their booster vaccine, things will soon get back to normal again.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2 on: 16 December, 2021, 08:27:20 pm »
Vaccination alone is not enough!
Discussions about Covid are elsewhere on yacf.

« Reply #3 on: 16 December, 2021, 08:56:44 pm »
Hi Hellymedic
I understand that you wish me not to discuss this .. but I feel we need to find  the way forward ... Professional sport can continue but God forbid we are made to lockdown again by stealth !!! So please let us discuss this ...without trying to shut me down and others on this post ! Thankyou !! Lets have a serious debate on this ..

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 16 December, 2021, 09:12:17 pm »
Hi Hellymedic
I understand that you wish me not to discuss this .. but I feel we need to find  the way forward ... Professional sport can continue but God forbid we are made to lockdown again by stealth !!! So please let us discuss this ...without trying to shut me down and others on this post ! Thankyou !! Lets have a serious debate on this ..

Yes, let's have that debate, there's threads for it in POBI. Let's not have it everywhere, multiple times over.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Jeff E

• Formerly JRe
POBI ?

OK, so vaccinations alone may not be enough, but surely a very big step forward in the right direction.

Many AUK members will want to do their pre-qualification rides for the next PBP soon and although travel to France may not be available for a while, things can only get better with the booster vaccinations surely.

How does one opt in, please - I get 'this is off limits for you' when I click the link?

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Thank you

Understand and I'll try to checkout this page.. Restrictions .. 2m  rule .. Possible Jan 22 Lockdown for our children ? LEL  next year must be a big worry ... Can we enter LEL and pay insurance to cover the £350 entry fee should the event be cancelled ?

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
I imagine that should we find that we have to call off the event .. we shall go through the pattern of returning pro rata to all riders the remaining funds in our account. This will not be a full refund as  inevitably we are incurring costs from some time ago .. and will have to do so from now on with increasing frequency.
please no questions about what the level of refund might be at date XXXXX .. I am not going to attempt to answer that sort of question .. just far too many imponderables. but Danial and I are both very conscious of our reputations in the audax community and would not aim to tarnish them in any way. Roger
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!