Author Topic: Neigh-bours, everybody...  (Read 608 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Neigh-bours, everybody...
« on: 22 August, 2023, 02:27:10 pm »
I have some. A few of us have actually become somewhat more familiar with one another since the pandemic, when Kamil (3 doors down) set up a Whatsapp group for our end of the road.

However, in recent weeks Jan and I have become more familiar with Frances, from the perpendicular road, and nothing to do with the Whatsapp group. She's 87 and her husband died... 3 or 4 years ago. He was lots older: 97 I think. (He told me once that he had been married for 25 years, twice...) Anyway, during the past couple of months we have been alternating at each other's houses for tea and conversation. Very pleasant. Frances is from Brummagem and hasn't lost her W. Midands accent. We talk about all kinds of stuff - our kids, her kids, their kids, quite wide ranging with other topics.

Sadly, she's a DM reader and this morning made some comment about how JRM seems "sincere". We politely disagreed about that. I was very restrained... ;)
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: Neigh-bours, everybody...
« Reply #1 on: 22 August, 2023, 04:55:21 pm »
Reminds me of when the former in-laws were watching a piece about Nick Griffin on the news and casually remarked, "The BNP have some good ideas", or when my sister liked a Faecebook post by Britain First  :facepalm:
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Re: Neigh-bours, everybody...
« Reply #2 on: 22 August, 2023, 06:34:06 pm »
Honey traps work, ok?
Move Faster and Bake Things