Author Topic: DIY accidents- gory or otherwise  (Read 2833 times)

fuzzy

DIY accidents- gory or otherwise
« on: 11 July, 2015, 09:00:35 pm »
Stepping down from a step, onto the edge of a drill case, then sliding off resulting in a toe folding and going 'spang' hurts like a bastard  :o

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
Re: DIY accidents- gory or otherwise
« Reply #1 on: 13 July, 2015, 08:51:50 am »
I feel your pain. It's the kind that makes the blood drain from your face and a cold prickly sensation take its place, before the true pain kicks in.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

benborp

• benbravoorpapa
« Reply #2 on: 13 July, 2015, 11:00:53 pm »
After I spend a day of manually loading and unloading several tons of hardcore, debris and scrap in some less than ideal conditions (constricted space, multiple levels, unprotected drops, many, many finger traps, not enough time) someone from the venue comes in to the rehearsal room to rearrange the furniture. Two minutes later I'm pretty much standing in empty space admiring a job well done (utter destruction precisely located and secured as requested at the far end of the room, stage management and myself unbloodied and in possession of all limbs and digits) when the topmost bench of the recently tidied stack leaps out and gets me. It lands corner first on my right steel toecap just short of my right steel toecap.
IMAG0023 by benborp, on Flickr

Nnnnnngh.

DIY? I was helping out a friend unpaid. So sort of do-it-someone-else, work and injury.
A world of bedlam trapped inside a small cyclist.

fuzzy

« Reply #3 on: 14 July, 2015, 11:28:34 am »
Deffo Ouch material there........