Author Topic: Ultrasonic cleaners  (Read 5999 times)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
Re: Ultrasonic cleaners
« Reply #25 on: 25 January, 2019, 08:56:34 pm »
I didn't get one seven years ago, but I think I'm going to now, any updates, recommendations?

Mind you, I haven't actually missed not having one.

What do you want to clean with it?

« Reply #26 on: 25 January, 2019, 09:36:27 pm »
I didn't get one seven years ago, but I think I'm going to now, any updates, recommendations?

Do you want my one?
It has lain unused since forever.

What one is it?
My one is it  ;D

« Reply #27 on: 25 January, 2019, 09:37:54 pm »

Jewellery is one thing. Dirty stuff is another, but not sure EXAKTLY what yet

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #28 on: 25 January, 2019, 09:55:42 pm »

Jewellery is one thing. Dirty stuff is another, but not sure EXAKTLY what yet

Well work it out.

Looked in to this a while ago while needing bike carbs cleaned, friend had access to one at work.

Looked into buying one to do more than jewellery and it was very expensive.  Transducer costs seem high.  Last couple sets of car carbs went to be vapour blasted, which is water and sand. Different places and all fucking shit, with parts left unclean.  Residue of sand.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #29 on: 31 January, 2019, 11:07:13 am »
I bought this : https://www.allendale-ultrasonics.co.uk/2-litre-ultrasonic-cleaner-digital-controlled-tank-heated-bath-allendale.html

a few months ago, and its fine.  Use of the correct solvent is a great advantage, but it certainly gets the crap off mucky old engineering bits and bobs.  I do have general crud remover stuff, and specific carburettor cleaning stuff too, which I've not used as yet, but I think the lawnmower carburettor may have an appointment with it soon.

A bigger one would probably have been a good idea, but this one will certainly fit gear cassettes, mechs, etc.  Obviously it is indeed best to remove the worst crud with paraffin, or other solvent of choice first, but they certainly do remove ingrained crud.
Wombat

« Reply #30 on: 31 January, 2019, 01:06:42 pm »
^ That looks very much like a re-badged version of the one Ham releived me of acouple of days ago.