Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3008517 times)

Tim

Having been knifed in the back last week (by a professional, using a scalpel, who did administer a local anaesthetic first) means I'm off 'bents for a bit. And I want my comfy armchair back.  >:(

At least it proved no impedance to mountain biking in lumpy Wales, albeit unable to carry anything on my back.  ;D

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
In Dundee city centre today, I saw a very tasty Dura Ace equipped titanium Merlin, with Ksyrium wheels, just locked through the main frame with a cheap cable lock.
It was just my size too.
The owner either hadn't a clue how much the bike was worth, or didn't care.   ???
I wondered if I should have "reported" it to "someone".  :-\
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
Thanks to the FNRttC and cycling from Sheffield to York, I've done over 200 miles between Friday and Sunday. A record for me, as well as doing my first century ride.

I've turned the pedals over 185000 times.  :smug:

Pippa

• Busy being fabulous
I am having new floors put down in my flat. Today the screed went down. Now I want to have a roller disco in my lounge  :D

Chris S

I am writing code for a Splitter window. For some strange reason, I have a sudden urge to watch Monty Python.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
I am writing code for multidimensional comaprisons. I have this sudden urge for lunchtime to come soon.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

We heard on the weekend that my stepson (21)and 2 friends were rescued by helicopter after a night lost in the bush in the rain ... in February!
@SandyV1 on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/SandyV1

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
I couldn't understand why the car boot wasn't closing properly last night. The boot was empty, but it felt like something was jamming in the hinges. It would shut with some force, but it certainly wasn't happy. After some inspection I discovered the problem was my fairly new bike computer, which I'd taken off the bike and placed just on the inside lip of the boot. It's now a very dead bike computer :facepalm:.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Chris S

...amusing car related numptyness... :facepalm:.

Post 600 brain fade?

fuzzy

I woke up with a shout this morning. Cramp in left calf muscle. Haven't done that for a while and I hope it's a bloody long time before I do it again.

Mrs n not at all fazed by it.

SWMBO gets very amuse when this happens to me. She then gets annoyed several of hours later cos her amusment causes her to loose sleep ::-)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Post 600 brain fade?

I'd be nice to blame it on post 600 brain fade, but in reality I'm just a numpty ;D.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

clarion

• Tyke
Aye, but you're our numpty ;D
Getting there...

Last night I introduced a Princess to a three year old girl who was sitting on a fence watching a car sink into a huge pothole filled with rain water. Three people got out of the car, one of whom sported a huge moustache, and swam to the back of the car. Huge moustache grabbed the car and dragged it out and then overturned it drain the water out.

I have eaten cheese in the recent past.  ::-)

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
I have eaten cheese in the recent past.  ::-)

Did it have mushrooms growing on it?
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Person
I is now at the life begins age - is it all downhill from here?

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
The whole of Swindon smells of cow poo this afternoon and evening.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
My brother just IM'd me to tell me that he's just seen a bee having a poo
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
The whole of Swindon smells of cow poo this afternoon and evening.

Move along please, nothing to see here.
It is simpler than it looks.

Euan Uzami

Why do flies that land on a computer monitor not get scared off when you move the mouse pointer near them, but they do get scared off when you move your hand near them? They surely can't be intelligent enough to understand that it's only an image.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
A lot of their sensing is air movement.
It is simpler than it looks.

ian

The anti-glare coating on this new Dell monitor. It's like I've been visited by Pob.

Compared to my buttery smooth and colourful Acer, it's truly an abomination. I may burn it.

groucho

• Humph!!
Just purchased a pair of shoelaces! Austerity measure.
Faith, hope and gluttony.........

jogler

• mojo operandi
a pair is extravagant
a single lace is austerity

Chris S

a pair is extravagant
a single lace is austerity

Shoes? You have shoes?

Toff!

:D