Author Topic: Bad Form?  (Read 4751 times)

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
Re: Bad Form?
« Reply #25 on: 13 September, 2017, 04:12:50 pm »
Re perm rides.
For instance recently I've been looking for a 100km ride from York as we're at Sheriff Hutton for the weekend later this month.
As mentioned various times on threads on here the AUK perm page has no way of seeing which routes go anyway near where you want to ride.
I can search for York and it brings up rides with no map or controls listed so I don't know if they are anyway near where we are on any part of the route.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is this one from Sheila Simpson, which heads fairly close to Sheriff Hutton: http://www.aukweb.net/perms/detail/SS31/
Born to ride my bike, forced to work! ;)

British Cycling Regional A Track Commissaire
British Cycling Regional A Circuit Commissaire
Cycling Attendant, York Sport Village Cycle Circuit and Velodrome

« Reply #26 on: 13 September, 2017, 05:22:07 pm »
Whilst it may appear a little selfish:

For a perm event, I have no want or need for a brevet card. Rides such as on CamAudax are validate by GPS, so I pay my entry online with a date and then send the GPX file when complete (remembering to have two GPS devices on the go in case one fails).

If other perms follow suit, I would happily do the same to enter them and keep the organiser happy. Otherwise I'm frankly not going to bother with the hassle of buying envelopes and stamps, sending them off in advance for a card, sending a cheque etc etc, its much easier to download the route, fire off a DIY by GPS and in the notes section credit the perm event. I also then have the option of entering with short notice depending on the weather.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #27 on: 14 September, 2017, 12:15:57 am »
Re perm rides.
For instance recently I've been looking for a 100km ride from York as we're at Sheriff Hutton for the weekend later this month.
As mentioned various times on threads on here the AUK perm page has no way of seeing which routes go anyway near where you want to ride.
I can search for York and it brings up rides with no map or controls listed so I don't know if they are anyway near where we are on any part of the route.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is this one from Sheila Simpson, which heads fairly close to Sheriff Hutton: http://www.aukweb.net/perms/detail/SS31/

Thank you, I will speak to Dawn and see if she fancies riding this  :thumbsup: