Author Topic: X Factor v Pavarotti  (Read 1866 times)

librarian

• Quiet please
X Factor v Pavarotti
« on: 10 January, 2010, 10:04:31 pm »
Out of interest, given that Sting has been one of those recently giving the X Factor a good slagging, what is the verdict on his Winter's Night album ?

Sting is a gilt-edges tosser.  I have the results of a scientific study to prove it.

I'm surprised anyone can actually hear what he's saying from that far up his own arse. 

I wish he'd take his fekkin' Lute (or whatever he's decided to play this month) and feck the feck off back to his adoring US audience.

It wasn't until I lived in the US for a while that I realised where all the old British Rock stars have gone.  They all live in the States and regurgitate their stuff to enraptured audiences, hanging on their every rock-philosophy word.  Even Peter Noone (Hermans Hermits) is a bloody celeb over there.
To some extent I can empathise, over there they get "whooped" and "Awesomed" after anything they say:

Typical Interview with Jay Leno on the Tonight Show in US
Sting - "Yes Jay I've been married now for 3 weeks"
Audience "Wooooo....Yayyy...Awesome....woooo hooo "
Sting - "I've been to a Rain Forest and played my Lute for a Native Tribe"
Sting - "I think my Lute playing helped Muhabawah, the Tree Spirit"

Meanwhile back in the UK
Sting - "Yes Parky I've been married now for 3 weeks"
Audience - Silence (the sort of silence that only a UK audience collectively thinking "so f***ing what?" can generate)
Sting - "I've been to a Rain Forest and played my Lute for a Native Tribe"
Audience - Mumbling (as they start to realise what a twat he's become)
Sting - "I think my Lute playing helped Muhabawah, the Tree Spirit"
Audience "Play Roxanne immediately or f**k the f**k off back to the Tree Spirit gig "

Yeah, Sting, he's Ok I suppose.